Status
Not open for further replies.

War.Frog

Customer
I've just been testing out the functionality, and for whatever reason I cannot get this to notify a user when they've been thanked, or to enforce the Thanks to see content.

I've checked user permissions under the buttons and all are checked. Any suggestions?

I don't believe that's an advertised feature.

Additionally, while you didn't specify details, I suspect that the "require x to view" problem is a result of forgetting that the HIDE tag is now required in order to hide content, to support hiding specific content instead of just "all or nothing".

I don't believe that's an advertised feature.

Additionally, while you didn't specify details, I suspect that the "require x to view" problem is a result of forgetting that the HIDE tag is now required in order to hide content, to support hiding specific content instead of just "all or nothing".

Thanks Fillip H. - I didn't use the HIDE tag.

As for Thanks notification, I thought that was going to be a feature in the new release? (http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/974-Thanks-Like-Mod-Reputation?p=10854&viewfull=1#post10854)

Hrm, you're right, my apologies :(

Let me find out how much of the feature is completed and whether it's feasible to enable / fix it with a hotfix :)

If you re-download the product from the Customer Area and re-upload the files / re-import the XML file, notifications will be enabled.

Sorry for the confusion :(
In my defence, October was a long time ago ;)

If you re-download the product from the Customer Area and re-upload the files / re-import the XML file, notifications will be enabled.

Sorry for the confusion :(
In my defence, October was a long time ago ;)

LOL that's fantastic Fillip H. thanks. Yes October was a long time ago. :D

Sorry...just a follow-up questions...I just received notification when I GAVE a thanks. How can I avoid this? I only want notification when Thanks etc. is RECEIVED. Otherwise it seems redundant since I know I gave it.

You must have had one left over from previous (the code was enabled and running, the DISPLAY wasn't, though) because I just tested it and I'm unable to reproduce it.

I just noticed I got the same thing here at this site. I had 4 new notifications, and my listing shows posts *I* thanked/Liked. I'm assuming those are being included in the notification counts.

Likes.png
ClickedThanks.png

EDIT: I just noticed in this list that there are 4 clicks by others to me...perhaps those are the ones being counted? Regardless, is there any way to remove the listing of mine?

Not with an option, no, but I've noted your feedback and we'll consider changing it in a future version / hotfix, depending on how others react as well :)

Feel free to start a poll on your forum and show us the results :)

Not with an option, no, but I've noted your feedback and we'll consider changing it in a future version / hotfix, depending on how others react as well :)

Feel free to start a poll on your forum and show us the results :)

O.k. thanks Fillip H.. I just can't many people being interested in seeing what posts they've already thanked mixed in with the list of notifications, especially when the menu total of given to received is different. :)

There's no off switch for them yet, but you can disable the Notifications plugin for this mod to disable them from showing :)

O.k. thanks Fillip H.. I just can't many people being interested in seeing what posts they've already thanked mixed in with the list of notifications, especially when the menu total of given to received is different. :)

There's no off switch for them yet, but you can disable the Notifications plugin for this mod to disable them from showing :)

I’m going to have to agree. It would be nice if these could be split up. It’s wayyyy too cumbersome. I’ve already gotten complains.

Sorry for the bump... but... is this fixed?

I also get complaint about too much notification (after all, who cares about getting a notification from his own action?!).
But I cant find if this was implemented yet....

(after all, who cares about getting a notification from his own action?!).
This has never been possible to replicate anywhere.

The Pro version can disable "Buttons Clicked" from the profile tab, and also in the Pro version users can turn off notifications via the UserCP.

Closing this thread as it's nearly 3 years old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.