Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson

Customer
we want to allow members to use the points they earn in VBshop to redeem real prizes, like tee-shirts, caps, tools, etc.

The "prizes" that one can offer now are forum prizes that our grouchy old members don't care about.

They would simply redeem say 1000 points for a H-M t-shirt.

The prizes now are worthless to us, making this mod pretty much worthless.

Nelson

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We have no plans to implement real-world items in vBShop, as the mod was exclusively designed to have forum-only items.

That being said, you can create a Custom Item with address details as required configuration fields, so that users can fill in their details.

We have no plans to implement real-world items in vBShop, as the mod was exclusively designed to have forum-only items.

That being said, you can create a Custom Item with address details as required configuration fields, so that users can fill in their details.

Thanks. Is there a way that I can further "tweak" the mod so that I can:

Display, as a custom item, a Hobby-Machinist tee-shirt, baseball cap or mug, that they can redeem their points to buy it?

If not, how much would you charge me to make the changes to do this?

Thanks.

Nelson

I'm a bit confused as to what further tweaking you're referring to?

1. Allow me to post photos of the customized Hobby-Machinist.com t-shirts, mugs, caps and other real prizes in the H-M Shop as custom items (you can't upload pics of the prizes now). That requires either a browse button and upload OR I can just upload to the server and hopefully it shows up with the stock clipart you have now.

2. A little better interface to allow them to enter their address.

It isn't much, and it enhances the usefulness of the mod a lot. Please consider it, or tell me how I can make the necessary changes and I will, and I will share them if you like with anyone else who needs.

Nelson
The Hobby-Machinist.com - The Friendly Machinist Forum®

The problem with that is :

1. The user doesn't have to fill in the fields until AFTER they already purchase the item; and
2. The address does not get sent to the admin to ship the item. It just sits there.

What needs to happen is that they configure the required custom Address fields BEFORE checkout; and that information is sent to the administrator along with the description and quantity of what was purchased. Since you already have this information, this would not be too hard.

I changed the photos of the items in the dbtech/vbshop/images/gifts/shop directory to photos of the items for sale- that is easy.

1. The user doesn't have to fill in the fields until AFTER they already purchase the item
That won't change, because of the fact that we support purchasing multiple items. It would not be feasible to add form fill-outs to that page, since error checking would make that page unbearably complex.
2. The address does not get sent to the admin to ship the item. It just sits there.
It does get sent to the admins, if you enable configuration notifications in the Edit Item page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back