Status
Not open for further replies.

wajiman

hy guys

this is my first post on your forums, great products and a big thanks for you lite mods. so after installing vBArcade lite on my local host, i saw a feature to be missing that i think is very important. that is to include torunament ladders for a prticular game score etc. a particular no.of members can be selected on the basis of first come, first serve to participate in competition and prizes could be set like rep points, awards and trophies etc.. so what do you guys say about it?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Could you edit the issue above and put your site url where the modification will eventually be installed.

I sign here too. :) That would be a nice feature. All other Arcade Platforms uses this Feature. Like IBProArcade from Mr.Zeropage V3Arcade has this too (IMHO)

Hopefully thats on your list too :)

unfortunately i dont have any domain yet, i planning to get one so doing a bit of research, i just installed your lite mods on my local host, that is PC.

A tournament system is planned for the next major release, but still exploring possibilities to make it the best ever :) please feel free to contribute your ideas and wishes here. We aren't sure yet if it will be pro-only.

Well, I am wrapping up the next update which will b vb3.x support, and theres nothing else major planned before I move to implementing tournaments. so I would say its sooner rather than later - but no firm date has been determined. Please use this time to submit what you think should be included/how it works :)

well it as i said in my first post, the competition will be started members will be selected on first come, first serve basis or top scores will be selected or any no.of users will automatically start to compete on top scores, the ladders, in this case will be way too big, so at start, the names of the users to be defeated will be in a list format, as the member reaches to 4th stage, from there the ladders will start, and the names will be shows of all the top contestents on the 4th stage that will reach to finale.

coming to awards, it can be giving reputation to the winner, award in the postbit, which i think should be integerated to vbacitvity awards, if the user has installed it. award could also be given in the form of cash and access to premium accounts.

Auto discussion thread creation for tournament discussion. these are the ideas i came up with for now.

Feature Requests;
- Profile tab for arcade stats and trophies
- Tournaments (as mentioned)
- Challenge friends, with pm notice.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to designate a Arcade admin. This person would be able to add/delete/modify games, set up tournaments.

This permission would grant them rights only to the DBTech Arcade menu in the admin CP.

Feel free to extrapolate further on how you would like tournaments implemented. I havent started on this feature yet, so still time for planning it.

I'd like to see something were as when your playing a game you have the option to challenge/create a tourney instantly from the page your on which in return will pm/email the contender/s.And also autopost to forum thread/post.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One on one tournaments would be the cool, but an option of 'quick challenge' by entering a members name they get a PM 'You have been challenged!' accept/deny etc

The old tourney system allowed up to 8 - 16 players, if members didnt know about it, it would go unseen (so auto notice in the sidebar/arcade/notice option) also if no one added themselves you would find yourself in your chatbox screaming (1) player still available, I guess a time limit should be added to jump start the tourney after X day(s)

I found (when I used v3Arcade) that members sometimes didn't bother checking their pm for challenges.
A way I got around it is I created a sidebar widget. Which ended up making the challenges more open and popular.

Basically I used a java countdown with an end time of 7days (weekly challenge) and would promote a featured game. This feature was very popular and did bring in the players and with mochi means dosh for me ;)

Although I had to set each challenge manually, maybe you could incorporate it to read the featured game in vBArcade.
You could even give the option to win credits (I use coins) with vBCredits integration.

Something like this:

mOYv.png

Last edited:
I found (when I used v3Arcade) that members sometimes didn't bother checking their pm for challenges.

Maybe it could be incorporated with vbnotifications..No need for a widget then..

That could be a good idea but as I have no need for the vbnotifications, and members (I presume as I don't have it) could turn vbnotifications off?
I like mine to be more in the face, that's what seems to have worked for me.
But hey you could have both :)

I like mine to be more in the face
Do you not think that members ignore pm pop ups,for that reason? I get really annoyed when the pm pop-up is there,when all your trying to do is get on your site..Thats why I use vbnotifications now, as all the info you need appears in the footer bar..You should try it..

Status
Not open for further replies.