Status
Not open for further replies.
without it being set to custom, it wont be able to use transactions, and itll only work with the default currency. the actionset + custom needs to be used if you want to pull in additional currencies or use any of the event features.

When set to custom, a vbookie event "says" I have $1 to bet

When set to vbcredits, a vbookie event "says" I have $1000 to bet (which is correct)

People are betting and their totals are decreasing as intended.

I am using a single "currency"... I don't dare start mucking about with more than that until I can get 1 working correctly.

Your instructions are not working as you say they should, at least not for me.

Clarification?

When set to vbcredits, a vbookie event "says" I have $1000 to bet (which is correct)

I am using a single "currency"... I don't dare start mucking about with more than that until I can get 1 working correctly.

Clarification?

yep pretty much exactly the same thing I have. bookie events are not showing on the transaction manger, but neither are gameroom transactions It would be nice if they did.
Are we suposed to define something as Custom before or after the setting?

yep pretty much exactly the same thing I have. bookie events are not showing on the transaction manger, but neither are gameroom transactions It would be nice if they did.
Are we suposed to define something as Custom before or after the setting?

Clarification?

It will say 1$ but allow you to bet as much as your proper currency - this is because vBookie doesnt recognize multiple currencies if you had them assigned to multiple events. Would probably be easiest if you simply edited the amount of currency displayed out of the template for vbookie, and just let the postbit/navbar amounts be users' guides. Again, failure to keep it on CUSTOM will result in the event features and transaction logs from happening, and thus you have a plain old currency pipe which you dont even need the actionset for.

I'll stick with having it set on vbcredits until it gets sorted either by you or vbookie because if I need to choose between having it look right for my users or me being able to see transaction logs, user needs will win out every time :)

When someone enters a vbookie thread for the first time, there is no postbit for them to see (and I have the "transactions" hook disabled because I don't really want that as a part of my main navigation structure - which creates it's own issues) :)

Cheers,

Regs.

I'll stick with having it set on vbcredits until it gets sorted either by you or vbookie because if I need to choose between having it look right for my users or me being able to see transaction logs, user needs will win out every time :)

When someone enters a vbookie thread for the first time, there is no postbit for them to see (and I have the "transactions" hook disabled because I don't really want that as a part of my main navigation structure - which creates it's own issues) :)

Cheers,

Regs.
Ah.... I set mine up like yours and even though it's a brand new feature at my site. The Boys are DIGGING IT!!!! Hopefully this can all get remedied QUICKLY!:cool:

Dark, I have to Agree, when it says to the user that they only have 1.00 they will not understand or use the betting. Frankly I only need one currency at this time and while I have the Transaction log on at the moment , I'm not sure I want to keep it on. It becomes too obvious to users how to abuse the system to earn Crackers. Why can't Vbookie show the proper balance, Gameroom has no issue with it. This must be fixed before the pay-pal feature is implemented.

So theres no need to import the vbbookie.XML file?

You still need to install vbookie to get vbookie

Ah.... I set mine up like yours and even though it's a brand new feature at my site. The Boys are DIGGING IT!!!! Hopefully this can all get remedied QUICKLY!:cool:

Dark, I have to Agree, when it says to the user that they only have 1.00 they will not understand or use the betting. Frankly I only need one currency at this time and while I have the Transaction log on at the moment , I'm not sure I want to keep it on. It becomes too obvious to users how to abuse the system to earn Crackers. Why can't Vbookie show the proper balance, Gameroom has no issue with it. This must be fixed before the pay-pal feature is implemented.

Cheers,

Regs.

What about the navbar display? (I dont mean the Transaction navtab, but the smaller Currency one)

I doubt that vbookie will fix it, because it is not expecting it to be used in a multi-currency environment. vBookie is used to pulling a simple database column and checking the value of it - if it is below zero, it will prevent you from betting etc. So, in order to get around that, I tell vbookie there is always 1 credit available, so that it will let you try to bet, but the vbcredits event will take over once you actually do it. Before you do the bet, the system doesn't know which currency (or even more than one) you have attached to the bet action.

You could default to the basic integration which vbookie includes, but that sacrifices all of the event features in vbcredits and the transactions that go with it (including the ability to recover those when using the rebuilding tool). It also locks you into using the default currency in vbcredits and that only (credits) - which you may even have deleted, or linked to some other addon.

Again, just edit the vbookie template to remove the "current amount of credits" part, since it is not going to be accurate and merely the way to bypass vbookie's basic validation of the betting system.

You still need to install vbookie to get vbookie

Again, just edit the vbookie template to remove the "current amount of credits" part, since it is not going to be accurate and merely the way to bypass vbookie's basic validation of the betting system.
Haha, yeah. Thanks. I kept trying to import that file thru VBCredits Deluxe lol not the plugin - product upload area.

When I select custom in VBookie it says we have no cash to bet. And people can have many credits, but it shows 1credit and no one can bet. Select VBcredits and we can bet and it shows current credits you have. I will try your shortcut and see what happens :)

Thank you

Surely there must be some way to indicate which currency we are using for vbookie and then edit it into the template? if it can show in the navbar as you say, shouldn't some sort of variable be exposed at that point that we can hack into the system?

Cheers,

Regs.

Haha, yeah. Thanks. I kept trying to import that file thru VBCredits Deluxe lol not the plugin - product upload area.

When I select custom in VBookie it says we have no cash to bet. And people can have many credits, but it shows 1credit and no one can bet. Select VBcredits and we can bet and it shows current credits you have. I will try your shortcut and see what happens :)

Thank you

Must be set to Custom and then you have to set up Events on the new set of vBookie actions, then you can bet etc. (the template will still say 1, but I've explained why several times now).
Technically, the vBCredits option in vbookie is for compatibility with vBCredits 1.x, not II

Surely there must be some way to indicate which currency we are using for vbookie and then edit it into the template? if it can show in the navbar as you say, shouldn't some sort of variable be exposed at that point that we can hack into the system?

Cheers,

Regs.

Adding a vbcredits Display within the vbookie template is an idea, but it still seems redundant to me (since the same info is inches away)

You would not be able to easily add an official vBCredits display to it, but you could remove the amount of money vbookie is claiming that you have (which will always say 1 erroneously). vBookie adds a template... I dont remember the name offhand, but thats where it would be.

I trust your right about the custom setting but I have Idiots that won't get that I have to fix it before I switch it back. I am just gonna hope someone else will share there fix here until I feel froggy enough to try.

what did you change it to? ill add it to the instructions to help cut down on the confusion that has cropped up :)

vbookie Error

I have installed vbookie and added and event ok, I have added the vbookie actionset and now when I go to add an event I get the following error.

Code:
Database error in vBulletin 4.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT user.userid, (0 + (user.credits * 1) + (user.credits_saved * 1)) AS cash FROM vb_user AS user  WHERE cash < 25;

MySQL Error   : Unknown column 'cash' in 'where clause'
Error Number  : 1054
Request Date  : Tuesday, October 12th 2010 @ 11:25:24 PM
Error Date    : Tuesday, October 12th 2010 @ 11:25:24 PM
Script        : http://www.nifootball.co.uk/forum/vbookie.php
Referrer      : http://www.nifootball.co.uk/forum/vbookie.php?t=12560&vbookieeventoptions=0&do=newevent
IP Address    : 81.103.140.198
Username      : stb74
Classname     : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.0.51a-24+lenny3

Make sure that your currency settings within vBookie are set to use Custom (and not vBCredits - which is actually for the older incarnation, not II)

Status
Not open for further replies.