Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidox

Customer
I am not sure if you care for this, but I would like to keep one thread here with random comments from our community. We have many people who speak their mind, and seeing this is still work in progress, I hope this is somehow useful?

They are not all bugs however.

Please just tell me if this is not useful, and I will not post more :P

Mostly about game balance:

I've got a fish named Tassle, but I can't get him to kill anything :> My magic missiles hit for the grand amount of 0 at the training/proving grounds and I'm now stuck versus Atine, with no AP left. Capture didn't work either.

Depends on the beast really >.> The mermaid-chick can't do CRAP for damage from what i've seen >.> Also, i have a couple high 20's and 30's from capturing - it is a lot easier higher up, but xp rates don't seem to change regardless of what you fight (i get 16 whole xp from killing as L32 XD)

My stone-golem is called PapaROARzzi.... yeah He's level 4 and learnt Stomp! For some reason, stomp has a range of 4 spaces? :p

One thing though, I seem to get more XP from killing lvl 1s than lvl 3s

I got a fish and it doesn't deal any dmg. Can you delete it Joy so I can reroll? :O I mean like NO dmg

It seems like some monsters are overpowered.

It took me like 30 minutes to get to level 2 as a Prosimian

Also, the caster pets are very weak, especially the mermaid thingy. My level 25 turtle however is AWESOMESAUCE.

Stone-golem thing is average. Took about 20mins to get to lvl 2

Personally I started with a beast with Magic Missile, and later one with Tail Stomp? Both did very little damage, MM did not seem to do anything at all? And the monster with Tail Stomp, it takes SO long to do any damage, I don't think battles are supposed to take 15 minutes and clicking a thousand times :P

These seem to be all game balance issues so I'll relegate this to Cosmic to have him take a look at it when he's available :)

On holiday at the mo but i will re-examine this when i get back.

The exp thing sounds like a bug though to be honest, definetely shouldn't work like that (more exp from lower level mosnters)

The base set is indeed very slow though, For a better speed i recommend tripling the stamina and focus score of the monsters.

The capture %ages can be configured manually for each enemy via the ACP. By default monsters have a 20% chance of being captured, 30% when they have <10% hp and closer to 5% when they have above 33%

In addition if a monster is a higher level than a player it will be harder to catch, lower will be easier.

As far as some moves seeming weak, thats because they have ideal ranges. Take magic missile for instance - the further away you are, the more damage it will do. at 6 squares it does 120% damage, 5 squares 100%, 4/3 squares 50%, 2/1/0 squares 10%

Magic attacks can usually hit from anywhere, but they tend to be a little less powerful to account for this.

Hovering your mouse over the move will tell you what the best range for it is.

Some of the moves at the moment have stats put in for balance sake, rather than a purely logical, coherent setup (such as stomp).

Currently i'm holding off on a new set until the manual is complete so we can tie the two in, but there are plans to create sets with different speeds and setting for different audiences.

Keep the concerns etc coming though, it's always good for me to hear which parts people are liking and disliking!

Cosmic

I've tested the EXP rewards.

If we assume a base reward of 500 (viable if Level Scale setting on the Difficulty is enabled), a lv32 mob fighting a lv3 mob.

End reward is 0 EXP.

In addition if a monster is a higher level than a player it will be harder to catch, lower will be easier.

Yea I think this is the issue, as I posted in the other thread, this is not the case in the default set I imported, actually the value is not even set to 0, it's not set at all, seems like a bug in the importing feature, if the value is set in your default sets.

One of my less eloquent users:

Magic users do shit for damage even with the best range possible btw.. I dunno what the dev was smoking when he coded them, cuz I prefer melee damage over the caster 8 days a week.

Pardon his French, he means well, but I have had more people mention Magic seems really weak, even when used in optimal fashion.

One of my less eloquent users:

Pardon his French, he means well, but I have had more people mention Magic seems really weak, even when used in optimal fashion.

There is very little difference between the damage calculations of the two - magic does slightly less in general because it can be used at more ranges generally, but the difference isn't huge.

Magic defence is handled by the willpower stat, physical defence by the endurance stat.

Some monsters will have more or less of each one, perhaps this is the issue? Try to get some copies of combat logs from people so we can take a look and see if we can work out what the problem is =)

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Forumon RPG

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings