Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrlbrk

Customer
vb 3.8.5
vbo 3.0 beta

99.9% this problem did not exist prior to 3.0 beta.

Problem:
When a guest page is cached, I get broken images in some areas:
09.24.2010-20.10.08.png

Solution:
Disable guest caching is the only solution I can find.

The URL's are wrong, because they are added behind vbseo's optimized URL's, so instead of "/images/attach.gif" for instance, it becomes "/name-of-forum/images/attach.gif". This does NOT happen when guest caching is disabled, so I don't think it is entirely vbseo's fault.

Mike

Last edited:
probably a silly question, but are you running any CDN? If so, are any of the broken images set to be fetched from it at all?

probably a silly question, but are you running any CDN? If so, are any of the broken images set to be fetched from it at all?

Yes I am using MaxCDN origin pull. Here are two more screens.

Working:
You can see the image is present and works. I can ctrl-f5 all day long when guest cache is disabled, it works every single time.

Broken:
I now enabled guest caching, and ctrl-f5 hard refreshed the page (twice). The problem is immediately visible with some broken images. You can see the img src tag is unchanged, the issue is the img tag is appended to end of the vbseo re-written URL, so it is no longer from forum root but instead from a re-written URL like "name-of-subforum/styles/image.gif". Look at the hover text I've put in a red square, you can see the full expanded URL when broken.

Mike

Deceptor will take a look at this ASAP. He is moving house this weekend so it is possible he may not be online until monday, but he will look into it once he's back.

Cosmic

Spent some time replicating your condition ctrlbrk and I was able to reproduce the issue, it's actually not relevant to the CDN integration (infact if you assigned the broken image folders to CDN, it would resolve it).

I believe this is an execution order issue with the v3 beta on vB 3.8 (this step resolved it for me), can you check the plugin "vBO: Guest Caching / Finalise CDN Integration" in your ACP, if the execution order is 1 change it to 65535. I've updated the beta package XML too to resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Spent some time replicating your condition ctrlbrk and I was able to reproduce the issue, it's actually not relevant to the CDN integration (infact if you assigned the broken image folders to CDN, it would resolve it).

I believe this is an execution order issue with the v3 beta on vB 3.8 (this step resolved it for me), can you check the plugin "vBO: Guest Caching / Finalise CDN Integration" in your ACP, if the execution order is 1 change it to 65535. I've updated the beta package XML too to resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks. I had bitten off more than I could chew -- new cluster app servers, cluster db servers, cluster load balancing servers, CDN, vbo 3.0 beta, etc. I ended up reverting back to vbo 2.xx and the problem went away so I can't test out your question.

Mike

No problem Mike - I understand :) Should you move to v3 in the future it'd be great if you could let us know the status, should be fine however :)

Status
Not open for further replies.