Status
Not open for further replies.
Companies that promise DDOS protection are gimmicks - there isn't something that can be done to "protect" from DDOS - it's a traffic overload. The only way to "prevent" it is to have a server capable of handling that amount of traffic. Companies that promise protection are basically just trying to con people out of their money - as you have found out =P

Any solution for 5 millions connections? and today we paid for more protection and it was working but they made their attack even bigger :mad: and our site is slow as hell now :(
I think that it is a group of hacker from Philippines

**I know it's kinda off topic but feel free to ignore ^^ **

Any solution for 5 millions connections? and today we paid for more protection and it was working but they made their attack even bigger :mad: and our site is slow as hell now :(
I think that it is a group of hacker from Philippines

**I know it's kinda off topic but feel free to ignore ^^ **

Only thing you could really do is try to set up a protected IP list - e.g the IPs of all your genuine users on that list, and every other IP gets blocked.

Obviously that would be a temporary solution though. THe alternative is to manually ban all the DDOS IPs, though i suspect that will take a while to get through 5million :P

Other than that there really isn't much you can do though =(

You need to find the ip range of those people and block it at server level

Usually DDOS will use a botnet, so there won't be a defined range. It'd be very difficult to tell apart DDOS IPs from genuine ones. That being said if there are any groupings coming from particular countries that you don't have members in, blocking that countries IPs could help somewhat.

They are using a shells booter to attack the site
We are still not sure how to block them and now they treat to deface the site....
So I am wondering if a disabled mood still can be a vulnerability? because I have disabled most of them to reduce them
Also we are working to improve some security on our site but if we still can't stop their sql injection may anyone would like to look at potential vulnerabilities? or help with that kind of problem for maybe some $$

---------- Post added 17th February 2012 at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was 24th October 2011 at 21:11 ----------

We have enabled this addon again and when it does task it still crash the site and we have added RAM and CPU since to our server :s

It make the site have Database error on all page :S

Is there anyway to solve this issue :(

Check the email address listed as $config['Database']['technicalemail'] in your config.php file - I need to know the actual error.

Status
Not open for further replies.