Status
Not open for further replies.

IcEWoLF

Customer
Hi guys, I need some assistance speeding up my vBShout.
My old chat use to load up instantly with no issues.
It seems like with vBshout it takes 1-2 seconds for it to load.
Any suggestions?
I've disabled avatar and re-enabled avatar and still same issue, no difference at all.
Could it be something with global start or any other settings?
Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S: I really love your vBShout product, my next thing to look to purchase will be vBCredits Deluxe + Optimise.

Hmm, is the specifications of your server? Is it shared,VPS or dedicated?

What is your idle timeout set to?

What is this set to, (Pro) Auto-Delete Shouts Enter how long (in hours) before shouts are automatically deleted.

Do you have the shoutbox turned on for guests?

What is your refresh rate set to?

Try disabling other mods 1 at a time, then test shouts, and see if one of them is conflicting with the shout, I have seen this happen quite often.

It's likely just a case of having the options configured in a way your server is unable to handle =)

If you can give us that info we should be able to give you some settings to try changing to resolve it.

Last edited:
When I run the VSA Shoutbox the chatbox loads instantly there is no 1-2 seconds delay.
I don't think its any of my addons but I went ahead and shut down one at a time and same results.
I even ended up shutting down all of them to see if its any of my custom plugins.
I even shut down the vBSEO and other plugins and nothing improved.
I run my server on a shared litespeed server.
I have not had any problems or slow loading for any of my prior plugins, including resource hog vBSEO.
I had my idle timeout set by default to 180, I changed to 0 but no difference or any improvements.
I've also disabled avatars and no improvements either.
I set my shout to auto delete every 24 hours.

There's no further optimisations that can be done beyond what Ozzy already stated. Adding vbshout.php to vBSEO's exclusion list will prevent it from interfering as well.

There's no further optimisations that can be done beyond what Ozzy already stated. Adding vbshout.php to vBSEO's exclusion list will prevent it from interfering as well.

It's strange that another shoutbox mod loads instantly and the vbshout takes an extra second to load :/
Anyways, thanks for the help Ozzy

It may not help, but when you upgraded from the lite version, did you uninstall the shout or overwrite?

Maybe try and uninstall the shout and re install and see if that helps.

Let me know what if anything they say, and we will go from there, and test some other stuff out.

It's strange that another shoutbox mod loads instantly and the vbshout takes an extra second to load :/
Anyways, thanks for the help Ozzy

Not so much really, different boxes have different features, load things in a different order etc. I can't exactly compare the two directly because i've never used VSA but vBShout will check for existing tabs/chatrooms etc first as well as a bunch of other stuff on top of that. It's likely just because of those factors rather than anything wrong with your server/setup to be honest.

Since these are third party softwares, we can't predict what would be the cause of the issue. Please contact the developer /vendor and ask them if any server values are to be checked to resolve the issue. In such cases we shall provide you the details and are happy to check the possibility of modifying any values if it requires. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Any suggestions for that?

Can you pm me your ftp info, and I will test your site out on my server tomorrow?

The site will still be on your server, I will just see if it lags on my server as well.

I have around 20 sites on my server running vBShout pro or lite, and none have issues with delay, this will for sure confirm if it is a product issue or a server issue.

Other than that anything that has been suggested in this thread is the only thing DBT could do.

Ozzy, I run addons like vBSEO and other plugins.
If you run my site on your server, wouldn't this conflict?

No it would not because the way I would have to access the site would be by the ip I assign it, as you would not be changing your dns at your registar.

Ozzy, could you also look into this for me:
The menu should appear on the chatbox, not all the way down there :/
context.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads