Status
Not open for further replies.

bmtanner3

Customer
I swear ever since upgrading to TT Pro and vBShout Pro, things have never been the same for me. It's most likely due to my own fault but it's still rather annoying.

I'll give a brief summary of events and I hope someone can help me out. I was originally running Triple Triad Lite and vBShout Lite. When I was using those two, I was able to have a shout box in Triad Triad which was great! I then upgraded to TT Pro and found out that the shoutbox no longer worked in TT. I filed a ticket here and Fillip H. ultimately determined that it won't work (still can't figure out why since it did with TT Lite).

I decided that maybe it would work if I purchased vBShout Pro. I purchased that and my site went haywire for a bit until it kinda just resolved itself. However, a few of the members as well as myself started noticing that from time to time, a messgae would pop up in the shoutbox Error: Invalid Server Response. I checked the forums here and one thread said it could be due to cookies and the idle timeout. I changed those settings to as high as I could and still got the Error. One member was not only seeing the error but he would also get logged out of the whole site.

So I went back to the forums and read another thread where it was said to try uninstalling and then reinstalling. I did that. I uninstalled, removed all files, reuploaded all files, CHMOD'd the AOP folder and now my newest wonderful problem is that I get the "Nothing to Display" error message. So, I searched through the forums here again, tried the two remedies that were suggested and still the same thing. The chat Archives show the shout that I am entering but the shoutbox shows the "Nothing to Display" error.

With all that said and $100 later, I now have nothing to show for it. I probably screwed up something or missed something along the way. If someone can help me out, please do so! I'm even willing to pay whatever the support fee is to professionally install it.

Here's what I want:

1. Make the shoutbox work!
2. Make the Error: Invalid Server Response go away.
3. (Optional): Make the shoutbox appear in TT.

Fillip H., if you're the person that will do this, the accounts I created for you and PM'd you are still active.

Thanks!

Yes Fillip H. is the one to handle this, he will take a look as soon as he get's a free moment.

Please upgrade your MySQL version to 5.0 or above. It is sadly not possible for us to support MySQL 4.1 due to the fact that it's too old, and barely within vBulletin's supported range.
Please see this page: http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-125

The problem is that MySQL 4.1 takes an empty "silenced users" sub-query as "exclude everybody" instead of "exclude nobody" like is intended.

MySQL 4.1 is also no longer supported by the MySQL Group, so you'd really be better off by upgrading.

If that is not an option for you, then please silence at least one user and then try again.

I'll look into seeing if I can upgrade now. However, it was working this morning before I tried looking into the Internal Server Error thing. And I tried the silence thing which didn't work at all.

I ended up switching hosts and it works like a charm. Still don't know why it can't work in TT Pro when it used to work in TT Lite. But thanks a ton for the help Fillip H.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings