Status
Not open for further replies.

MainFrame

Customer
Dear Dragonbyte,

I just updated my vbshout from 5.4 to 6.0.6 but instantly noticed my load going up from about 2.00 to 5.00.
Did some testing using fiddler and found that the shoutbox while idle keeps making requests to vbshout.php?tabs%5Bshouts%5D=1&tabs%5Bactiveusers%5D=1&tabs%5Bchatroom_1_0%5D=1&type=shouts&do=ajax&action=fetch&instanceid=1&tabid=shouts&shoutorder=ASC&pmtime=1332770685&v=88626304478383.67 and /dbtech/vbshout/aop/shouts1.txt?v=21790231182239.73

Is something wrong with the idle mode?

Idle mode is working fine for me :)

Are you sure you don't have any other instances on the page?

Yes, I'm only running one instance and auto-idle enabled. I also see the notice that I am idle "You are currently flagged as Idle. Click here to un-flag."

I did made some changes to the templates, gonna try to see if it also happens if I revert my changes.

Seems the issue is with Auto-Idle, I'll work it out and post back when it's been hotfixed :)

Update: v6.0.7 has been hotfixed with the fix for this, since you reported still being on 6.0.6 I'd suggest updating to today's release :)

Cool, thanks gonna do that now

---------- Post added 4th April 2012 at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was 26th March 2012 at 18:29 ----------

On 6.0.7 the auto-idle works but I did discover another simular bug.
When I load my forumhome I'm auto-idle but I have a second room in my shoutbox, when I click on that room it starts refreshing while I still see the "You are currently flagged as Idle. Click here to un-flag." notice.

BR,
MainFrame

Status
Not open for further replies.