Status
Not open for further replies.

Sita

Customer
Hello! I bought the arcade pro version, mostly for the new thread/post creations on high scores. Which is great, however, I can't stop it from double posting. So far, every time a new score is made, it creates two new threads with identical contents.
Edit: I suppose I should also point out that it sends the e-mail twice when my scores get beat.

Is there a known fix for this? Or maybe I'm missing something in the settings? I only have it enabled to post new threads, with regular posting disabled.

I also can't seem to find any setting to integrate the Arcade into vbCredits II.

Last edited:
Does this happen every time regardless of game? On the game page, are there duplicate scores being saved too?

Inside the zip you downloaded, there is an Addons folder in the xml folder, which contains the vbcredits integration addon.

So far there has only been one game that didn't give more than one new thread. And one that actually made three threads.

I tried it both with allowing multiple scores to be recorded and with it disabled. The scores themselves were never duplicated in the rankings within the arcade.

I'll try again with that XML to make sure I have it installed later, but I could swear I did that. Out of time right now though - darned work.

My arcade did the duplicate thread thing too for a few days and then stopped. I just thought it was a server glitch of some kind until I just saw your post.

Are all of your games primarily from the same scoring system? eg mochi, v3a, ibpro, etc

ultimately i may need your ftp to figure this out.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Thanks for your patience with this - my first look through your site several days ago didnt turn up an obvious cause for this :(
I'll be looking again soon.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this on one game - but not the first one I tried.

I will need to put some debug code into the arcade files you are using to figure out the next step, but it seems the ftp account you sent me does not have access to your forum files. Can you update that and let me know when you have, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back