Status
Not open for further replies.

heyzeus909

Customer
I'm getting Live Feed updates of new posts and threads, and visitor messages, but not for avatar or signature changes. I can't say one way or the other about other notifications because my site has little activity on it at the moment (waiting to get things ironed out before I start promoting it!)

I've double-checked the settings to make sure those changes are enabled/active and that no usergroups other than banned members are kept from seeing them. I still can't get it to work.

If there's another setting somewhere, I apologize for missing it. I tried to check everything before posting, but I may have still missed something obvious.

Hmm, the only other setting I can think of is in the UserCP - you could check there to ensure it's not been disabled there as well :)

I made sure all pertinent settings were set to "Everyone" in UserCP. I did this with my Admin account, as well as a "regular user" account. No changes to avatars, profile pics, or signatures popped up into Live Feed.

Just for grins, I "friended" the two accounts and the changes still didn't show up in Live Feed on either account.

I double-checked AdminCP to make sure that those notifications were set to active, and that the preview was set to more than 0 for both the Live Feed and sideblock.

I am getting new replies, likes/dislikes, visitor comments showing up. But for sure not getting avatar, profile pics, and signature changes. I'm not sure what other notifications I do/don't get since my site isn't getting much action right now.

Are you using avatars stored in the file system? AdminCP -> Avatars -> User Picture Storage Type

If they are stored in the database, the functionality you seek will not be available.

Well, sir, I have never been to that part of vBullein AdminCP before, so it was set to the default settings for the Avatar location. Clicking on the help/question icon next to the setting gives a freak-out message about the path to avatars needing to be relative to the forum directory.

Do I just need to create a new directory inside the forum folder, with CHMOD 777?

What happens to the Avatars that are currently being used on the forum that are in the default directory now?

I can see myself making a change here, then getting on the forum only to find out that nobody has an Avatar anymore. If you (or anyone) gets a chance, I wouldn't mind some instruction here. If not, it's not the end of the world. I still get notifications of new threads/posts, likes/dislikes, and visitor comments. Just not avatars, profile pics and signature changes.

As always, thank you for your time.

Also, not sure if it matters, but when I say "avatar," I'm using that as a general term to describe the picture seen in the postbit. Actual, real pictures that people upload or link to.

Yes, sorry. I am definitely talking about the pics displayed in the left of the postbit on the forum.

I thought that vBulletin had the option of "custom" avatars, meaning that users could choose from avatars that were pre-uploaded into vBulletin. It's been 6 years since I've looked at these settings, so my memory has played tricks on me. I'm definitely talking about user-uploaded pictures that appear in the left of the postbit on the forum.

You can read the vBulletin manual that explains how to move the images to the file system here: vBulletin Manual

Do note that if you do this, the live wall will be flooded with "x changed their avatar" notices, any future avatar changes will display correctly however.

Like a charm.

And for anyone following along, this video easily demonstrates the process:

[video=youtube;zUDF4NfYXuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUDF4NfYXuY[/video]

I'm going to re-check the signatures-not-showing-up-thing now.

I quadrupled-checked the settings to make sure that User A had it set to have signature changes shown, and that User B had it set to see signature changes. I also checked the settings in AdminCP to make sure that signature changes were active.

Still no Live Feed update when the signature change was made?

Any ideas?

As it turns out, it's impossible to track signature changes in the same way I might track, say, username changes.

I have updated the files & XML file for v1.2.6 to reflect the fact that only "Signature Picture" changes can be tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Forum Live Feed & User Wall

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back