Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
On my arcade, someone else beat my high score on one of the games. Now on the games list, it displays both myself and the person that beat me as having the #1 spot.

Thats interesting. It doesnt do that locally or at dbtech. Does it show the list of highscores properly on the game page? Do all games have this issue on the arcade portal?

Does it show the list of highscores properly on the game page?

Nope, shows the same thing on the rightside block. I'll get back to you with more info on other scores. I just announced it was up for people to test as I wanted to get anything major out of the way before I told people (although a few people like "Caden" found it early). =)

Ok, so I just beat the guys high score on the same game, and now the rankings look like this:

Arcade - Dark Hand of Valor Forums.png

Basically, wiped out his score. I'm wondering if it's just not a problem with the various things you have disabled currently in beta? Since it works here on DBT, etc.

The game panels only show your score for that game.

They only include someone else's score if that is higher than you, and your score will be shown below it with the rank it got.

The rank should not have been #1 for you though as in your first screenshot. Let people beat you to check if your score's rank looks right (that is, definitely not #1!)

Ok, got it. I'd change the text to say something like "Champion" instead of "High Scores", maybe with a little crown image or something next to their name. If it said that, it'd be more clear (to me anyway, heh).

Also, the text color for "High Scores" and "Statistics" is the same as my link colors, but those aren't links. Not sure what other color should be used (it looks good), but is a little confusing.

I guess i could change that. I was avoiding using the same naming convention as some other arcades :p

As for the colors - thats all on your style man. Its the standard blocksubhead css class

I guess i could change that. I was avoiding using the same naming convention as some other arcades :p

As for the colors - thats all on your style man. Its the standard blocksubhead css class

Fair enough, I'll shut it now! ;) (mumbles something about his own style looking jacked...hehehe)

I changed the next beta to say Champions and More to say Scores. Let me know how your other games look with the rankings.

Suggestions for "Champion" alternatives (I don't mind Champions at all, but if you do, here's some suggestions).

Top Dog
Leader of the Pack
Big Kahuna
King of the Hill
King of the Mountain
Top Scorer
Game Leader
Unrivaled

:D

Ok, someone beat my score on another game and that game displays correctly. It appears (so far anyway) to only be happening on the Galaxy Blocks game.

Well I played galaxy blocks, and it looks like it works right for me (yay 7th overall!) so perhaps fixing the sorting caused the ranking to correct as well. So i will mark this as fixed and archive it the next beta, unless you can get it to happen again.

also i think you have some customized templates to revert?

Sounds good.

Reverted templates, they were just the official changes from you posted in various threads was all. But all reverted and fresh now. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.