Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbstre

Customer
Ok, I'm going to make a separate thread for this, because of the response I got when I contacted vbulletin support to see what my problem is. As far as I can tell, any time I import a cms.xml file to my site it breaks the layouts/grids. If I only install the base theme, everything is sized correctly and shows up as it should... except for the backgrounds and colors and such, which needs to be imported to get rid of the white background.

Now, since it appears to happen on both this Dragonbyte MMO theme and the old Bluepearl Skins themes I was using before, I thought it was something wrong with my site, even though disabling all plugins changed nothing. So yesterday I finally contacted support, and this is the end result, which I need to pass on here. Note that I imported my cms and blog templates into a separate child theme so as to make testing easier:

Dragonbyte MMO = grid_view.xml
CMS CSS = cms.xml and blog.xml merged together, as a child of the above.

Hello.

Looking at the the templates themselves in AdminCP shows that what's been imported in CMS CSS is completely different to the parent. For starters, there's 6 grid template as opposed to 3 in Dragonbyte MMO Grid View and if I look at vbcms_grid1 in both styles, there are distinct differences:

Dragonbyte MMO Grid View:

<div id="doc3" class="yui-tvb-r4">
<div id="bd">
<div id="yui-main">
<div class="yui-b">
<div class="yui-u yui-panel">
<ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column1">$column[1]</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="yui-b yui-sidebar">
<ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column2">$column[2]</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>

CMS CSS:

<div id="doc3" class="yui-tvb-r3">
<div id="bd">
<div id="yui-main">
<div class="yui-b">
<ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column1">$column[1]</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column2">$column[2]</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>

There's class differences there which will affect the layout - that's something that the Dragonbyte team will need to look at and resolve.

Best regards,

Trevor Hannant
vBulletin Support Staff

Maybe this will help in making it so I can actually import styles correctly? I wish vbulletin supported everything as a single package like they did up until 4.1.5 or so.

This is rather odd, both the codes you attached above look exactly the same to me. But i know a solution.

Re-install the skins as you usually would, make sure to bring across any changes you made to those skins. You can export the theme for Vbulletin only, upload it and also then install any of the add-ons you use.

I'll then manually style the front page CMS for you.

We've imported and exported the CMS template files across several boards (mostly test boards) of the same version and have run into no problems. Other then the fix above i can't really think of another solution.

If you can PM your site details again i can fix it ASAP.

Thanks! Maybe the support guy pasted the same code twice but it looked different in the two versions? I guess you'll see when you look inside.

The only difference I noticed was in the very first line, the class names were different (one ended in r3, the other in r4). Other than that, they were identical. With that said, a different class name could definitely cause some issues.

Brad via Tapatalk

So today I decided to take the fresh 4.2 theme and mod in my changes to the 4.1.12 beta version manually, so as not to cause any more problems. I discovered this difference when modifying the vbcms_grid_3 template:

This is in the fresh theme + blog + cms import:
Code:
<div id="doc3">
	<div id="bd">
		<div class="yui-g">
			<div class="yui-u first yui-panel">
			</div>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

...and this is what I changed it to, based on the edits you made for me before (I simply copy-pasted that one template):
Code:
<div id="doc3" class="yui-tvb-r2">
	<div id="bd">
		<div id="yui-main">
			<div class="yui-b">
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

Changing that made my grid work properly. I haven't tested it with other grids yet. I also noticed that vbcms_grid_2 is different in the one you edited for me before, but I didn't see any noticeable changes in the layout I'm using currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.