Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

Former Developer
Hey all,
I posted Beta 3 tonight, and if you haven't seen the blog it's gone open beta as well :)
Thank you so much for the info and bugs you reported. I'll add some more to it before it goes gold still, so don't think I've forgotten about the requests :)

Here are the changes for Beta 3
Added - watermark psd to download package
Added - forum sidebar and cms widget, see bottom for instructions
Fixed - Profile image so it only allows 1 image to upload
Fixed - permissions to check add comments when unregistered on the vB style view image template
Fixed - filename description in ACP

For a forum sidebar block
ACP-> Forums and Moderators-> Forum Blocks Manager
Click Add Block
In the dropdown select DBTech - Gallery (if you don't see one try clicking Reload Block Types below it)
Click Continue
Enter the info you want and set the display order and it should start displaying on your forum sidebar

For a CMS widget
I can't find a way to automatically create a widget so I have as much as I can ready for you
ACP-> vBulletin CMS-> Widgets
Click Create New Widget
In the Type field select PHP Direct Execution
Put whatever title you want and click Save
Once you are back at the widgets screen click Configure next to your new widget
Clear out ALL the text from the code box
For template name put dbtech_gallery_cms_images
Click Save after that.

Once that is done you can go to the layout manager to put the widget in the spot you want.

Let me know if you have problems with any of it

Again, thanks for all the help you guys have been with the closed beta.

Dylan I can't get the forum block to appear in the list. I reloaded the blocks, but still nothing.

Check that you have includes/block/dbtech_gallery.php If you don't, I added it after I released the package so you might of gotten it before I updated it. If it's not there then redownload

EDIT: Changed bock to block :)

Yes and reupload all and reinstall again .... i had same issue ... download it to quickly ;) Dylan was not finish haha

Dylan yup, that was it, works now. =) Quick suggestion, center the images in the block. I'm using Latest Images and it's left justified. Might look fine though now that I think about it, once I have more images in there, just the one I'm testing with right now.

It does need some work. I've always had problems with CMS and nesting templates and getting it formatted right, I'll give it a try again and see if it works better now. Last time I created a CMS widget was like 4.0.8 or something like that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back