Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUser

Customer
We are having problems with items purchased in vbShop not appearing in the cart. A user clicks purchase on an item in the shop, a pop-up appears saying "Updating Cart" and then it disappears and the cart still shows no items. Firebug doesn't reveal any errors related to vbShop when I do this.

Any ideas?

I see you are running v 3.0.0, please upgrade to the latest version, 3.1.0, and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Thanks, Ozzy47. Will try that. One question. I downloaded the latest from the client area. Opened the read me and it refers to the lite version. Just want to make sure I get the latest pro version. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading from or is this ok?

Thanks again.

If you downloaded it from your customer area, that's fine, the readme is a blanket for both versions.

Well, we were finally able to upgrade to the latest version. Users are still not able to add items to the cart. Before, the "Updating Cart" popup would appear and go away, but nothing was added to the cart. Now the popup appears and stays and never goes away and still nothing is added to the cart.

Any ideas?

I have registered to your forum (Fillip H.). Please either create a free item I can test this with, or provide me with enough points so that I can add one of your items to cart to see this issue in action on your site.

I have registered to your forum (Fillip H.). Please either create a free item I can test this with, or provide me with enough points so that I can add one of your items to cart to see this issue in action on your site.

Points added. :)

I may have found the problem myself. Getting this out of the response in firebug.

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO forum4_dbtech_vbshop_shoppingcart
(userid, items)
VALUES (
'a:1:{i:1;a:1:{i:1;i:1;}}'
);<p>
<p>
<strong>MySQL Error</strong> : INSERT,DELETE command denied to user 'editedoutusername'@'someipaddress' for table 'forum4_dbtech_vbshop_shoppingcart'<br />

I emailed our sys admin about this. Will let you know. Sorry, should have checked this before I came back and posted.

I will let you know the results after the admin fixes the permissions. Thanks.

Last edited:
How in the hell do you have a working forum if your MySQL user does not have those MySQL permissions O.O

A full file search (which does include all my DBTech addons) revealed 370 instances of REPLACE INTO in vBulletin - approx. 1/4 of them are from DBTech addons.

If you have a bunch of other unexplained occurrences around the board, I'd be unsurprised to hear they start working when you fix this as well :)

Most everything else seems to be working ok. I'm guessing the permissions are not there for that one table.

Edit: What I would really like to know is what happened to the permissions in the first place. The shop worked previously. No idea what would have changed them.

Fillip H.,

Received this from the sys admin:

"the permissions are correct. I suspect that the plugin is attempting to update the Slave server instead of the Master server. The slave is read-only.

If it's a VB plugin it should be using the correct server as vB has built-in support for Slave read-only servers."

Ok....he lost me. Does this make sense to you?

Ahh, I see :D

Try re-downloading the mod and re-uploading /dbtech/vbshop/actions/ajax.php :)

Ok. Progress! Updated that file. I am able to add items to the cart and purchase them. However, immediately after purchasing, I get an ugly error page, but the item is successfully purchased.

Here is the error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO forum4_dbtech_vbshop_shoppingcart
(userid, items)
VALUES (
'a:0:{}'
);

MySQL Error : INSERT,DELETE command denied to user 'user'@'ipaddress' for table 'forum4_dbtech_vbshop_shoppingcart'
Error Number : 1142
Request Date : Friday, August 16th 2013 @ 01:54:35 PM
Error Date : Friday, August 16th 2013 @ 01:54:35 PM
Script : PSU Forums
Referrer : PSU Forums
IP Address : 205.131.177.6
Username : ******
Classname : vB_Database_Slave_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 5.1.70-0ubuntu0.10.04.1-log

/dbtech/vbshop/actions/shop.php is the fixed file for this :)

Apologies for the "staccato fixes" - I don't have a master/slave environment to test this with and I was a dumbdumb when I wrote these queries :(

You guys are the first to run a master/slave environment we've had as well :p

/dbtech/vbshop/actions/shop.php is the fixed file for this :)

Apologies for the "staccato fixes" - I don't have a master/slave environment to test this with and I was a dumbdumb when I wrote these queries :(

You guys are the first to run a master/slave environment we've had as well :p

No worries, bud. We are working now. Thanks a ton for the effort!

If you have a few minutes, we would appreciate it if you would create a review in our new review system.

Not only do we get invaluable feedback on our products, you also get $1 in free DBTech points to go towards your next purchase for every approved review you write.

When entering a review there is also a field to enter a link to your site so it's win-win. Points to get a DBTech product at a lower price and free advertising!

If you wonder what kind of review we are looking for, Cosmic created what he thinks is a good sample here.

Status
Not open for further replies.