Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokonzi

Former Developer
The box that contains the details of who has thanked below the postbit, is not displaying correctly when using the Integrate Action Buttons is set to Yes. The buttons register the clicks, but the Javascript doesn't adjust the contents of tha box.

Also noticed that the buttons that are created when using the Integrate Action Buttons setting contain the background inherited from what the box below the postbit uses... not been able to figure a way around it up until now.

Sorry for the massive delay, I honestly don't know what caused me to miss this :(

The box that contains the details of who has thanked below the postbit, is not displaying correctly when using the Integrate Action Buttons is set to Yes. The buttons register the clicks, but the Javascript doesn't adjust the contents of tha box.
I've been unable to confirm this issue on vB 4.1.2 using the default skin.

Could you please try reverting any customised templates and see if that helps?

Also noticed that the buttons that are created when using the Integrate Action Buttons setting contain the background inherited from what the box below the postbit uses... not been able to figure a way around it up until now.
Considering that's how the default vBulletin skin works, it's also logical to assume custom skins should follow that.

The integrated postfoot area uses the CSS bit: .postbit .postfoot .textcontrols, .postbitlegacy .postfoot .textcontrols, .eventbit .eventfoot .eventcontrols and so does the non-attached thanks buttons, so I dunno what more I can say tbh :(

I think I can figure what some of the problem with the background might be...

The way you run the control buttons is slightly different, as you nestle all the buttons in a div (not the source of the problem I think), but... the other controls buttons (blog this post for example) each have their own class, in the case of the blog, it's "blog", which then (using firebug) has the following style:

.postbitlegacy .postfoot .textcontrols a.blog, .postbit .postfoot .textcontrols a.blog {
background: url("http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/images/misc/blog/blogpost_40b.png") no-repeat scroll left center #E9E9E9;
border: 0 solid #A8A8A8;
padding: 0 0 0 20px;
}

That supercedes the standard control of the background, border and padding of the normal .postbitlegacy .postfoot .textcontrols a, .postbit .postfoot .textcontrols a, .eventbit .eventfoot .eventcontrols a CSS.

The above style changes also allows for the switching of icons (black to blue) when hovered over. I suspect that is the main difference that's undoing my custom styling...

On reverting back to the original templates, I've used the default skin, but the box doesn't appear no matter what I do. I'll try shortly in creating a new default skin free from any template changes and will report back to you. Thanks for checking into them ;)

Fixed the box problem. I'd edited a previous version of the 'entries' template, and that had never been flagged up by the template merger... so the box is fixed now... just the background to go...

If you do find the solution then please post it, I'll investigate adding it to the default release (or if that breaks the default skin, I'll add it to the readme and give you the credit) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.