Status
Not open for further replies.

JBlaze

Customer
With this mod enabled, my load jumps from 0.5 to 4.2 (seconds). << Info provided by Debug.

Edit: For some reason this only occurs for some users. Happens on my admin acc but does not on my test user acc.

Last edited:
Yes, this is to be expected. You can turn off immediate transaction processing in the global settings, and look into enabling the scheduled task instead. Updated to people's accounts will be slightly delayed, but the load should become more manageable. Let me know if you need more help doing this, and if it affects you the way it was intended.

Just a note that it'll be Darkwaltz4 who looks into it - you're not being ignored by the rest of the staff, it's simply that coders handle the support for their own mods :p.

Sometimes darkwaltz forgets to update customers on his progress when he's testing stuff, he should get on tomorrow and let you know the status =)

I think it might be related the the gain of credits when viewing threads. I tried disabling it via admincp but it just times out.
How do I disable this action by executing a mysql query? could you give me the exact mysql query to set this action to inactive?

VbCredits Slows Down Forum

After installing VBCredits I have noticed a large increase in the load times of the system. As posted in a previous thread, all my problems are pretty much exactly the same except I did NOT install: vB4Mance

When I disable the product everything runs extremely fast, and it is not my hosting because the board is running on a clustered dedicated server setup.

This only happens with a few other users, but I always notice it. After I log out, my page load is extremely fast.

Link To Other Related Topic

Sounds like you are using some sort of total page cache for guest users. Was vbcredits always this way, or only after a certain point? Did you disable the immediate transaction processing setting? Outside of that, there is not much I can do to speed up vbcredits, as i rewrote it from scratch with a primary focus on optimization despite the mountain of features (which is why it even has a system-wide delayed processing mode).

Major lag issue with vBCredit

Every time I enable vBCredit, it slows down the forum dramatically and causes issue with litespeed/vbseo were the CPU usage increases a lot.

It is quite heavy; you need a decent server if you have a large board. We fortunately upgraded our servers recently (added a second server and upgraded the existing one); experiencing a little lag, but I'm confident we can deal with that with a bit of server tweaking.

You can disable the Immediate transaction processing in the main configuration settings for vbcredits. That will cause users to process one of their transactions per pageload, vs all at once. This should lower the load but cause a delay in credits appearing. You can enable the included cron to help with that as a kind of middle option in cpu usage. Aside from that, vbcredits is written from the ground up to be as optimized as possible for all of the features it supports, and really is at the pinnacle of my expertise at this point.

What happens when you try to update the events?

As an aside, have you tried disabling vBSEO to see if that helps with the issue? vBSEO is notoriously bad for conflicting with mods and causing huge load spikes.

Cosmic

I am experiencing increasing processor time when each user logs in the processor on the server jumps 9%. thankfully its semi private and can handle the load but something has been causing some database errors from an overload, I am just looking at all of my add ons to see if there are any new updates or plug ins. or known issues with the latest version of VB.

Query makes php load 2 seconds slower for Administrators

Hey

So i have been working on "optimization", and found a real slow query that only affects administrators (i think). It adds 2 seconds to site load times in sql.

Here is the code from credits_core.php

Code:
        function verify(&$cronimage, $cbf = false)
        {
                global $vbulletin, $vb4;

if (empty($cbf))
                {
                        $copyright = '<div><a href="http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product.php?credits">vBCredits II Deluxe</a> v2.0.0 Copyright © 2010 <a href="http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com$
                        if ($vb4) $cronimage .= $copyright; else $vbulletin->templatecache['footer'] = str_replace('$cronimage', addslashes('$cronimage' . $copyright), $vbulletin->templatecache['f$
                }
                if ($vbulletin->userinfo['userid'])
                {       //only users have transactions
                     $trans = $vbulletin->db->query_first("SELECT t.* FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "credits_transaction AS t LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "credits_event AS e ON (t.eventid = e.eventid) WHERE t.userid = " . $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] . " AND t.status = 0 AND t.timestamp <= (" . TIMENOW . " - IF(ISNULL(e.eventid), 0, e.delay)) ORDER BY t.transactionid ASC LIMIT 1"$
                     VBCREDITS::process($trans, $vbulletin->userinfo);
                }
        }

Now if i comment out this bit

Code:
                     $trans = $vbulletin->db->query_first("SELECT t.* FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "credits_transaction AS t LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "credits_event AS e ON (t.eventid =
e.eventid) WHERE t.userid = " . $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] . " AND t.status = 0 AND t.timestamp <= (" . TIMENOW . " - IF(ISNULL(e.eventid), 0, e.delay)) ORDER BY t.transactionid ASC LIMIT 1"$
                     VBCREDITS::process($trans, $vbulletin->userinfo);

The pages load really fast.

This seems to be only affecting administrators.

Thats an extremely important query though :p Without it, none of your events will actually process, and nobody will get anything.

Now... I do have an index specifically for that query, so it is as good as I think I can get it, but of course if you manage to make it better (without blindly snipping it out of course) I would be glad to accept it :)

Thats an extremely important query though :p Without it, none of your events will actually process, and nobody will get anything.

Now... I do have an index specifically for that query, so it is as good as I think I can get it, but of course if you manage to make it better (without blindly snipping it out of course) I would be glad to accept it :)

Seems it affects people with lots of transactions. One member had 2700 transactions, and browsing the site is really slow, infact it takes 5 seconds for the page to generate excluding the download of content.

Ultimatley would it not be better to have a scheduled task or someting for cron in vb or crontab to actually process all transactions i dunno at like a certain time or maybe a limit to how often it does it, like only once an hour or something it does that routine?

Last edited:
There is a cron you can enable to batch process transactions, but it might not do enough/be fast enough to keep up with the amount you are generating (feel free to play with both factors).

Then you can comment out that line, but you will probably notice delays in people getting credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back