oldlock

Hi

I currently manage a site with about 1GB of files managed by Downloads II mod. We are having issues where some users are being denied access to files (despite their being no access restrictions) and as such they are not happy !

It seems that the downloads II mod is not well supported, if we use your downloads mod can you confirm that :

1 = We can import all the files in their correct catagories

&

2 = that any access denied issues can be worked through and resolved in a timely manner

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks. It is an ongoing issue I need to resolve and I hope the software offered here will enable me to do so.

The categories and files should be imported fine. We do not have versioning at the present time so if you have multiple versions of the files it will create separate download instances for each version.
If you want to try it out, we have a lite version you can download and install so you can verify that all the categories and files will transfer across correctly.
Since you are dealing with a large amount of files I would highly suggest trying out the lite version first.

Let me know if you have any other questions

vBDownloads Pro - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

Complete Feature List

Lite
  • Searching
    • Quick Search [AJAX]
    • Search by Name/Poster
  • Integration
    • vBCreditsII
      • Pay to Download
      • Pay to Upload
    • vBShout
      • Notification on new download
    • DownloadsII
      • File Converter
  • Homepage
    • Categorised Listings
    • Statistics
    • Uploading
      • Multiple File Downloads
      • WYSIWYG Editor
      • Add to Moderation Queue
      • Limit Upload Type (Gif, Jpeg, Png, Zip, Txt, etc)
      • Links to Downloads
    • Download Page
      • Comments
      • File Listings
      • Report File
      • Add to Favourites
    • Permissions
      • Per Usergroup
        • On/Off Per Usergroup
        • Ability to Upload
        • Ability to Download
        • Ability to View
        • Must Have X Posts Before Downloading
      • Per User
        • Ban User From Downloading
      • Per Category
        • Can View
        • Can Upload
        • Can Download
        • Moderate Files
      • Moderation
        • Edit/Delete
        • Delete Comments
        • Downloads ModCP (Recent Reports, Files in Moderation Queue)

Pro
  • Homepage
    • Recently Added Downloads
    • Top Downloads
    • Highest Rated Downloads
  • Uploading
    • Private Downloads
    • Password Protected Files
  • Downloading
    • File Rating
    • Download All Files To Zip
  • Permissions
    • Per Usergroup
      • Downloads Per Day
      • Download Size Limit Per Day (i.e 100MB Per Day

I've installed this as a test and for some reason wound up with multiple copies of many of the files, (there may have been old import folders in the directory tree). Is there anyway to delete these en-masse rather than having to go into each file ?

Also is there any mechanism by which I can import the usage statistics from downloadsII ?

I've installed this as a test and for some reason wound up with multiple copies of many of the files, (there may have been old import folders in the directory tree). Is there anyway to delete these en-masse rather than having to go into each file ?

Also is there any mechanism by which I can import the usage statistics from downloadsII ?

Please start a thread in the proper forum, as this is not a presales question. the way the report system works here the Dev for the mod will not see this thread.

vBDownloads lite support forum is here:

vBDownloads Lite Support