Status
Not open for further replies.

Anony999

Customer
I have installed as per the instructions, the Thanks mod is active and in admincp

But in my forum there are no thanks / likes / dislike buttons under any posts ?

Must be something i have missed but what ?

1. Upload all files from the "upload" folder to your forums directory. DONE

2. CHMOD the following folders to 0777
/dbtech/thanks/vbactivity_type DONE

3. Import the product-dbtech_thanks.xml file from the "XML" folder at AdminCP ->
Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product DONE

4. Configure your Usergroup settings by clicking "Permissions" under
"DBTech - Post Thanks" in your AdminCP navigation menu. DONE

Me if I understand with lite version, I can't use buttons thanks/unthanks/etc with a forum but only with a category, true or false? thx

Hi,

I think you need to go to your admincp > DB-Tech Post Thanks > Settings > Select DragonByteTech: Advances Post Thanks / Like General Settings ( Edit Settings ) and within the setting you can find the following:

(Pro) Integrate Action Buttons

Choose Yes , This setting controls whether the action buttons are integrated with the "Post Foot" area (where the "Report" button etc is located).

And then the buttons will be there.

Regards,
Marcel

Ok I workd it out

Bit silly really that its not in the help install file and doesnt tick by default

DBTech Post Thanks > Manage Buttons > Thanks EDIT THIS

In there are permissions all defaulted to unticked

Same for Likes and Dislikes

Hi,

I think you need to go to your admincp > DB-Tech Post Thanks > Settings > Select DragonByteTech: Advances Post Thanks / Like General Settings ( Edit Settings ) and within the setting you can find the following:

(Pro) Integrate Action Buttons

Choose Yes , This setting controls whether the action buttons are integrated with the "Post Foot" area (where the "Report" button etc is located).

And then the buttons will be there.

Regards,
Marcel

Thanks, i had already found that and set it up but it didnt display the thanks, see my post above, fixed it now

I have amended the readme for Pro customers, the Lite one will be updated with the next bugfix patch.

Sorry about the confusion :(

For the future, please enter the correct forum URL when creating a new issue, so as to not cause any confusion for our support agents. Thanks :)

I have amended the readme for Pro customers, the Lite one will be updated with the next bugfix patch.

Sorry about the confusion :(

For the future, please enter the correct forum URL when creating a new issue, so as to not cause any confusion for our support agents. Thanks :)

Thanks

Is the www site i enter visible by all, as the sites not live yet and i didnt want it publicised ?

Hence not putting details in

No it's not shown to the public at all :)

When you post a new issue, any field that is written in Italics is not visible to other members :)

User can like / thank a post - but cannot see "thanked / liked" info below post. I've made sure permissions are okay for the user/forum. Yes - I've toggled the "Post Foot" settings. vb 4.07

http://SavingsAngel.com/community

Nothing within

<vb:if condition="$thanks OR $likes">

</vb:if>

in dbtech_thanks_postbit_entries does not appear - even if I manually enter a character.

Last edited:
Please ensure you have reverted all customised templates and/or fully upgraded to the latest version of APTL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.