Status
Not open for further replies.

hornstar

Customer
The shoutbox was working great until I noticed that the report button was not working, so then you fixed that and told me to import the xml and since doing that my shoutbox now says loading... always and I also now don't see the notifications and system message tabs.

As for the "loading..." issue, have you made sure to CHMOD the AOP directory to 777? I think that's pretty much what causes this. Sorry, no idea on the other things, will have to wait for official support (or someone other than me.heh).

Yeah that has been done since the first installation. I even double checked. This only started happening after applying the latest xml that was issued since he fixed the report problem in 3.8

What does FireFox' error console tell you? There'll be a is error there.

Edit: Also ensure that you have re-uploaded all the latest files, those two tabs were added via a file instead of the templates in v5.0.

Last edited:
I think you accidentally uploaded the vB4 XML file :)
You need to upload the XML file in the vb38 directory, not vb40 :)

Last edited:
Then I think you may have uploaded the wrong one to the 3.8 one as I uploaded it twice now. Can you re check thanks.

The XML file is fine, so then that can't be the problem.

Is it possible for you to give my user on your forum (Fillip H.) access to an usergroup that has access to the SB? Because the error you're having shouldn't happen on vB3.8.

I think there must be something wrong with the xml. I just tried to uninstall it, but it only half uninstalled because it timed out (I have a huge member base). (I know I could up the timeout on my end but anyway). This is what I found:
* The product was gone from the product manager, but the shoutbox was still showing up, and now it was showing up with all the tabs again. But the shoutbox said some kind of error. I think Invalid response to server or something.
* I decided I would install the xml again and overwrite it. But the strange thing is it installed the xml in about 1 second and it only did the templates and did not do any of the database changes.

I suppose I have 2 options right now. Either up my timeout or manually uninstall the product and then try again fresh.

But either way I think there is still a problem in that xml file.

Last edited:
Alright So I finally managed to completely uninstall it, delete all files. Download the product again, and do a fresh install, and everything is working at this time. It is strange tho.

I encountered this issue as well.
but what i did was creating a custom tab following the instructions @ http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/350-Creating-Custom-Chat-Tabs

After saving & reload the template, all tabs went missing and showing Loading... only.
Immediately, I revert the edited template but still the same.

Wanted to follow your method but thought why not give a try at Rebuild Styles under Update Counters
After I did that, the shoutbox came back...

So, I guess there is indeed a bug somewhere waiting to be resolved regarding this.

Thanks... :)

Those instructions doesn't work for vBulletin 3.x, that's my bad. I'll update the thread accordingly.

ah.......... no wonder mate... luckily i didnt uninstall & reinstall the full package... Lol...
Is there any workaround for v.3.x? thanks!
Or add the Shoutbox rules in AdminCP in the new versions where we can define the rules in it then it shows as tabs like System Messages, Notifications etc then we wont have to edit anything... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.