Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsxrocks

Customer
After upgrading to 3.2 the buttons fail to work. when you hover over them you see a javascript in the bottom left of firefox.
I thought they had been working but due to symptoms from an apache memory limit I accidentally set in WHM was trying to reinstall vb and could not complete the upgrade. during this time the buttons seemed to work fine but after the limit was removed it seems they just stopped functioning. I have tried overwriting the files and re running the xml but stil have the same problem.
I played with the new settings and re-saved each button but when I enable the text it displays the original longer phrase even though it has been altered for a long time.

One other thing that I did was move some styles around but this was prior to them ceasing to function I did notice my CMS when I got it back on was showing an old variation of the default skin . and I was able to correct this but before I had done that I exported the skins and re imported them without a parent. and I notice that at least one of those styles that was parent less still shows the usertag template from db that was uninstalled .

when I ran the script it showed every template being updated but now I am thinking something is wrong in there.
I see the db templates in the styles and they are not modified but something is wrong in the templates I am guessing

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

I see one other symptom that may be a clue, when I look at the vb mobile skin styleid=33 and then return via the full site button it displays my old default skin styleid=7 even though the link says that it is styleid=38 my new default.

regardless I only need help from you with the thanks like function and any DB templates I may have screwed up

I sent you a PM yesterday with the log in Please advise me by PM to ROOT on my site, when you have had a look I will get notifications on phone but I am away from the PC for the rest of the day.

This is the fault of the Lv vB Event Forums modification. Due to its sheer size, it's unfortunately not feasible for me to dig through the thousands of lines of code to find the culprit, so instead I left the product disabled on your site.

This is the fault of the Lv vB Event Forums modification. Due to its sheer size, it's unfortunately not feasible for me to dig through the thousands of lines of code to find the culprit, so instead I left the product disabled on your site.
I certinly wouldn't expect you to do that, thank you for finding the problem. they had worked together for months so im pretty sure they were compatible but now that I know the problem I will uninstall Lv vB Event Forums and try to reinstall it later . My members are grateful I am sure. This is definitely one of my favorite mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back