Testeren

Customer
I would love (and pay for) an option where two members can enter pictures (from albums) and the other members then vote on the one they like the most in a given time.
Which ever has the most votes when the time is up wins the battle and...an award? Or a number added to their profile?

I would love (and pay for) an option where two members can enter pictures (from albums) and the other members then vote on the one they like the most in a given time.
Which ever has the most votes when the time is up wins the battle and...an award? Or a number added to their profile?

I had actually made (or rather designed, zero tolerance coded it) something like this a long time ago for vb3 called battle polls if i remember correctly... Might be something I'll revisit at some point with one of the coders here at DBTech.

Cheers for the suggestion =)

Cosmic

Facemash was the program that was used in the Facebook movie.

If you applied it to a thread of your choice where lots of users posted images or may be two members albums. Then just clicking either of the two images for one of them to win, but of course you would need an even amount of images. Interesting to see what the outcome of this would be.

Facemash was the program that was used in the Facebook movie.

If you applied it to a thread of your choice where lots of users posted images or may be two members albums. Then just clicking either of the two images for one of them to win, but of course you would need an even amount of images. Interesting to see what the outcome of this would be.

I have been dreaming about this...now we just need the right Algorithm
Perhaps: Chess Elo rating system
The Facemash Algorithm:
Code:
Ea = 1/(1 + 10^((Rb -Ra)/400)) Eb = 1/(1 + 10^((Ra -Rb)/400))

Have you seen this?

(1) Jensen Ackles vs. (2) Hugh Laurie | Celebufight.com

m19.png

It would be rather clever for the forum to ask for two images(which of course will re-size) and two names etc and then update a mini poll showing results and also allowing you to comment as the link above shows!

Point is, if you do it like that, it will be board admin or mods that creates these polls or members if they are bothered to ask for another picture, start a thread, create a poll and ask others to vote.

If doing a battle, members will challenge eachother (pref with one click) and admins and mods will have no job in this. This creates activity amongst the members and they control wheter to accept or refuse a challenge and how to get others to vote for them.

I know excatly how I like it and know of a board where this is done. Its just not a vb board so it cant be copied as easily.

If anyone wants a link and details, pm me. As stated before, I am more than happy to get this feature and of course pay for it.

Point is, if you do it like that, it will be board admin or mods that creates these polls or members if they are bothered to ask for another picture, start a thread, create a poll and ask others to vote.

If doing a battle, members will challenge eachother (pref with one click) and admins and mods will have no job in this. This creates activity amongst the members and they control wheter to accept or refuse a challenge and how to get others to vote for them.

I know excatly how I like it and know of a board where this is done. Its just not a vb board so it cant be copied as easily.

If anyone wants a link and details, pm me. As stated before, I am more than happy to get this feature and of course pay for it.

We do offer a custom coding service, however it is expensive (prices start at $500 per week). That being said if that's not a factor for you, feel free to send me a detailed feature list of how you would like it to work and I can get back to you with a more exact price etc. It's unlikely we'll make this mod any time soon for general sale since it's rather niche - but thats up to the coders when they pick their projects really.

I dont see how its niche as this can be used on all forums wheter it be about cars, bikes, pets, photography, computers, you name it.
But depending on my other request I will be happy to order this and pay for it and await your reply to my latest pm.

I dont see how its niche as this can be used on all forums wheter it be about cars, bikes, pets, photography, computers, you name it.
But depending on my other request I will be happy to order this and pay for it and await your reply to my latest pm.

It's niche in that it's not something many people will be actively LOOKING to add to their forum. There isn't a ton of demand for it, and the number of forums who will see it as important enough to actually pay for it is low =(.

I had actually made (or rather designed, zero tolerance coded it) something like this a long time ago for vb3 called battle polls if i remember correctly... Might be something I'll revisit at some point with one of the coders here at DBTech.

Cheers for the suggestion =)

Cosmic

haha I was thinking of the exact mod too that ZT made. I used it way way back in the day on an older forum.

It died off fast I believe? I think it was around when the team fell apart. I remember, because I was stuck with a mod not working anymore and no support sadly....

But this was a really good mod and had my community back then more active

haha I was thinking of the exact mod too that ZT made. I used it way way back in the day on an older forum.

It died off fast I believe? I think it was around when the team fell apart. I remember, because I was stuck with a mod not working anymore and no support sadly....

But this was a really good mod and had my community back then more active

Yeah it was the last mod released before Inferno Tech closed If i recall correctly. Sad times :(. It had potential!

Back