Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkster

Customer
I upgraded to new Advanced Post Thanks Like Pro v1.1.0 BETA and now i have couple of issues.

1. All previous posts are now unhidden and considering i have best part of 20,000 attachments i really didn't think or want to manually edit and fix these, thought simple upgrade would have preserved previous settings.This is now a real pain an issue :(

2."Require Thanks to see attachments" be checked as default. I was using this tip HERE but that also doesn't appear to working now, i followed same procedure thinking i could quickly fix but the newreply_form_start.php doesn't even contain the code to alter.

3. When thanks is clicked the attachment doesn't show until the page is refreshed, could this be vb optimise conflicting?

I have downloaded and uploaded all contents a few times.

Last edited:
1. All previous posts are now unhidden and considering i have best part of 20,000 attachments i really didn't think or want to manually edit and fix these, thought simple upgrade would have preserved previous settings.This is now a real pain an issue :(
Like I stated in the announcement thread last week, preserving settings was not possible.
Also, in addition, you now need to use the HIDE BBCode to hide part of the post - hiding the ENTIRE post was never something people wanted in the first place and as such is no longer supported in the Pro version.

To require Thanks to see Attachments in a specific forum, do this
Code:
UPDATE vb_post
LEFT JOIN vb_thread USING(threadid)
SET dbtech_thanks_requiredbuttons_attach = 1
WHERE forumid = 5

Replace vb_ with your table prefix.
Replace 5 with your forumid.

2."Require Thanks to see attachments" be checked as default. I was using this tip HERE but that also doesn't appear to working now, i followed same procedure thinking i could quickly fix but the newreply_form_start.php doesn't even contain the code to alter.
At this time we're not able to support that feature, however it will be possible in the Gold version :)

3. When thanks is clicked the attachment doesn't show until the page is refreshed, could this be vb optimise conflicting?
Do you see any errors in Firefox' Error Console?

With point one sorry i was referring to the attachment not whole thread content.

Replace vb_ with your table prefix. explain? in Database?

2."Require Thanks to see attachments" be checked as default. Surprised there is no work around for this, this is causing me a whole load of extra work editing new posts when members fail to tick the box.

Replace vb_ with your table prefix. explain? in Database?
If you look in config.php you'll see something like $config['Database']['tableprefix']. If that's empty, remove vb_ etc.

2."Require Thanks to see attachments" be checked as default. Surprised there is no work around for this, this is causing me a whole load of extra work editing new posts when members fail to tick the box.
It is still a Beta, after all :p
This is also the first major upgrade this mod has gotten, so unfortunately it's not possible to have every feature request filled before a release. We will add it, though :)

Guess no work around like old version ?

trying to run query i get

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN vb_thread USING(threadid) SET dbtech_thanks_requiredbuttons_attach = ' at line 2

using

UPDATE
WHERE forumid = 5

I told you to only remove the vb_ part, not everything that came after "UPDATE" on that line :p

And you also forgot to change the forum id, 5 is just an example number.

lol sorry

used this

UPDATE post
LEFT JOIN thread USING(threadid)
WHERE forumid = 5

get this

#1052 - Column 'dbtech_thanks_requiredbuttons_attach' in field list is ambiguous

also tried this

UPDATE post
WHERE forumid = 5

Can you please open your config.php file and tell me the contents of the $config['Database']['tableprefix'] variable?

Can you also tell me the Forum ID you wish to have attachments hidden in?

Forum ID? i have over 100 forums but ID 5 is a working forum

Also permissions has vanished
27680160.png

Code:
UPDATE post SET dbtech_thanks_requiredbuttons_attach = 1
Then that will do.

To find the permissions, click Manage Buttons -> Edit on the button you want to edit permissions for. Repeat for all buttons you want to edit permissions for.

Thank you on both accounts, issues sorted, i am sure many will find this thread helpful in the future.

"Require Thanks to see attachments" be checked as default. Surprised there is no work around for this? I had to ask....lol AGAIN

I know but had to ask :-( guess i just have to for now get used to chasing behind members and wiping there chins, not what i expected with upgrading but i will pateintly wait for a working upgrade.

thank you for all your help.

Guess purchased 6 products and branding free costs, $100's of $ doesn't earn me a work around ahhhh well i will wait and hopefully not to long :-)

Guess purchased 6 products and branding free costs, $100's of $ doesn't earn me a work around ahhhh well i will wait and hopefully not to long :-)

Unfortunately as we have hundreds of customers (and many who own 10 or more of our products) we are unable to accomodate individual requests immediately (otherwise nothing would ever get done =P) Rest assured that what you've asked for *will* be in the final APTL release, which will be done as soon as time allows =)

Thanks for your understanding,

Cosmic

Sorry i am not one of the 100's that have 10 or more (maybe get me priorty the magic 10+ LMAO), might be by now but holding of until this comes out of beta and issues resolved before anymore purchased items and as i put above i am willing to wait :-) was an opinion / feedback only sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.