Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshy2008

Hello All,

I have recently upgraded from vB3.8.6 PL2 to vB4.0.7 recently. And the upgrade went smoothly.

I di have "Post Groan" by Abe1 and "Post Thanks" by Abe1 too, on the 3.8 version.

Anyway. Post Groan was Not release for vB4 by Abe1 (vB.org) and none of his mods are no longer supported. (Haven't been since June 2010).

Anyway, I have done away with the Post Groan, BUT I want to keep the "Post Thanks" as my members love it.

Even though all my member's Previous Thanks details are still there IE post received, posts given etc, I had to disable it because I had the following error:

Code:
Database error in vBulletin 4.0.7:

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO vbsearch (userid, ipaddress, personal, searchuser, forumchoice, sortby, sortorder, searchtime, showposts, orderedids, dateline, displayterms, searchhash)
VALUES (0, '66.249.66.104', 1, 'username was here', '', 'post.dateline', 'DESC', 0.01240, 1, '143173', 1295961404, 'a:6:{s:5:\"words\";a:0:{}s:9:\"highlight\";a:0:{}s:6:\"common\";a:0:{}s:5:\"users\";a:1:{i:10321;s:14:\"username was here\";}s:6:\"forums\";i:0;s:7:\"options\";a:3:{s:11:\"starteronly\";i:0;s:11:\"childforums\";i:1;s:6:\"action\";s:7:\"process\";}}', 'b9c6d2b2ff66540c5fe253ac0503d196');

MySQL Error : Table 'my_database.vbsearch' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Request Date : Tuesday, January 25th 2011 @ 01:16:44 PM
Error Date : Tuesday, January 25th 2011 @ 01:16:44 PM
Script : http://www.myforum.com/post_thanks.php?do=findthanks&u=10321
Referrer : 
IP Address : 66.249.66.104
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

I would like to purchase your lifetime licence of your Advanced Post Thanks / Like Pro - Lifetime.

One of the reasons is that I can intergrate my old Thanks mod details in with yours, so that all members will keep their current and previous details.

I need to know3 things, Please...

1. What is the error for? (shown above) and how do I overcome it?
  2. Will your product still intergrate with my current Post Thanks Mod by Abe1 and work?
  3. Adn finally, will your product still work on vB4.1.1 when I upgrade to that version, Please?

Your help with the above would be very appreciated and if I get thereassurances, I will go ahead and purchase your lifelong licence.

Many Thanks,
Welshy2008.

I'm using it on 4.1.0 so I can vouch for it at least working on the 4.1 series, if not 4.1.1.

From looking at the error, it shows things like "my_database" and "www.myforum.com", sounds like something isn't configured correctly on your end. Not sure where to look for that, but maybe that'll at least give you some sort of idea of what to look for on your forum.

1. What is the error for? (shown above) and how do I overcome it?
  2. Will your product still intergrate with my current Post Thanks Mod by Abe1 and work?
  3. Adn finally, will your product still work on vB4.1.1 when I upgrade to that version, Please?
1. That's a problem with vBulletin; this mod doesn't modify search in any way.
2. You can import from Abe's mod, yeah :)
3. We are running vB 4.1.1 on this site with no issues :)

Thanks Guys,

As soon as I try to sort out what this error is, and have it fixed, I will buy the Pro, Lifetime licence.

Just one more thing... I think I read that I can disable the "dislike" and just keep the "Thanks" going. Should be easy ebough to re-word the "Post Thanks / Like" to "The following user(s) has said thanks" - yes? I would like to see it as...

"The following user(s) have said Thanks to *Username*.

Is it possible that the Thanks received and given totals be shown in the "User postbit" too please? Can't remember if I saw it on your list?

Many Thanks for your replies.

Just one more thing... I think I read that I can disable the "dislike" and just keep the "Thanks" going. Should be easy ebough to re-word the "Post Thanks / Like" to "The following user(s) has said thanks" - yes? I would like to see it as...

"The following user(s) have said Thanks to *Username*.
That can be done via the Phrase Manager.

Is it possible that the Thanks received and given totals be shown in the "User postbit" too please? Can't remember if I saw it on your list?
That is currently a feature, yeah :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back