Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuwae

Customer
How do I automatically give points with medals when given out? I really don't want to create a long process for my mods.

Points are only intended to be awarded when a member performs an action on the forums, so this is sadly not possible at this point in time :(

Sad, indeed. I want to award members for achieving something outside of vB (completing our training pages.) Any suggestions on a way around this? I love creative solutions!

You'd need to modify the database;
Code:
UPDATE user SET dbtech_vbactivity_points = dbtech_vbactivity_points + 0, dbtech_vbactivity_pointscache = dbtech_vbactivity_pointscache + 0

Replace 0 with the amount of points you want to add, and remember to add your table prefix.

Best way to use that would maybe to create a special user ("staff" perhaps?) and donate the points to the user in question from that member, rather than editing the database every time ^.^

Agree with not wanting to have to have my mods edit the db. Okay - I guess I could include a link (or button) in vbactivity.php?do=award&action=requests in the individual award requests that includes the donation? Whoever if doing the approving can click a link that will donate them the points then?

Think you could give me a snippet of how to do that? What I'd probably do is have a text field with the # of points and a "donate" button.

That's not something that can be done with a snippet unfortunately.

If you're using vBCredits with vBActivity, I'm pretty sure vBCredits has a way of generating points out of thin air to give to your users :)

Hehe ;) You can just use that then instead of modifying the database :)

I don't know what specific screen it's on, though.

Could you give some more thought to this? I'm stuck. I need a simple way for a mod to award points. Ideally, I'd just hardcode a link next to the medal request that the mods authorize. This link would donate 100 points or whatever.

I don't know if that's possible with vBCredits, it's not with vBActivity I do know that much.

You could try asking in the vBCredits forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back