neounix

Customer
Hi.

We were running an older versions of vBSEO, so when we click on

Code:
Maintenance -> vBSEO Import

we get this error:

Code:
/website/www/vbseo/resources/xml/config.xml was not found. Please check that the file exists on your system.

that is because in our version of vBSEO, the config file is in:

Code:
/includes/config_vbseo.php

If you could support the earlier version that uses this config file, that would be great.

Also, along this topic, I did not see a feature to write and save (export) the current DBSEO configuration settings and/or to import a saved DBSEO configuration.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi.

We were running an older versions of vBSEO, so when we click on

Code:
Maintenance -> vBSEO Import

we get this error:

Code:
/website/www/vbseo/resources/xml/config.xml was not found. Please check that the file exists on your system.

that is because in our version of vBSEO, the config file is in:

Code:
/includes/config_vbseo.php

If you could support the earlier version that uses this config file, that would be great.
I don't have access to any config files using that format, can you provide it?

Also, along this topic, I did not see a feature to write and save (export) the current DBSEO configuration settings and/or to import a saved DBSEO configuration.
That's already a suggested feature posted in this forum, I believe :)

I tried to attach the PHP file, but your system does not permit it:

config_vbseo.php: Invalid File

Also, I tried to cut and paste, but it would not accept it.

EDIT: Sent via email... :)

Last edited:
I've implemented a hotfix to /dbtech/dbseo/actions/admin/vbseoimport.php - could you please test it on a staging server to see how it works for you?

From my debug data it seems like it would work fine - quite a few features weren't supported, but the importer simply skips them :)

OK. Will do! Thanks!

Do you mind to create the "DBSEO Config Exporter - Importer" feature first?

That way, we can import the legacy vBSEO config on our staging server, then we can further test by overwriting that with our (prior to importing vBSEO configs) exported DBSEO configuration?

Thanks Again!

That'd take quite a bit more time to create, would it not be possible to setup a clean vB install and just import it from there? The default DBSEO config is nowhere near your old customisations, so it should be easy to spot whether it worked.

Yes. True.

On our end, we may not use the old VBSEO settings now that we have been testing with DBSEO. In fact, I think we may use a completely different URL rewrite format and move the [thread_id] and [forum_id] to the end of the URL and move the in-URL keywords "up" toward the beginning. However, it is possible we could change our minds and move to our old VBSEO style URLs. We are still experimenting.

Move over, I think for others who are ex VBSEO users who are on vB3.8 and moving to DBSEO, they will find this feature very desirable.

I assume I can easily save the original working/testing DBSEO configuration file and then test the VBSEO import feature and after finishing testing, just move the DBSEO config file back in place?

I quickly poked around and did not find a flat file with the DBSEO config options. Perhaps I was not looking in the right place? Or are they all stored in the database?

Last edited:
There is no DBSEO configuration file, it's all stored in the database. All settings are vBulletin Options that are hidden from the "normal" vBulletin Options area.

We opted for this instead of a flat file in order to avoid the issue of having to CHMOD a config file, and in order to be able to take advantage of vBulletin's powerful options management as opposed to having to code our own.

An import/export feature for DBSEO options is planned, but it's not top priority at this time as we'd rather focus on performance and new SEO functionality :)

Understood. I agree with you.

I think DBSEO will end up being a very good product. Keep up the good work and thanks for the great support!

Status
Not open for further replies.