Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfbd

Customer
I want to know the correct php code form of registration on/off condition. This is not meant dbtech template but I need the general one.
Is it alike
PHP:
<vb:if condition="$vboptions>$registation[active] == 1">
or
PHP:
<vb:if condition="$vboptions[allowregistration]">

Please help.

Can you please be more specific what exactly it is you're wanting to accomplish?

Code:
<vb:if condition="$vboptions['allowregistration']">this message or function<vb:else />etc.etc.</vb:if>
should work :)

Code:
<vb:if condition="$vboptions['allowregistration']">this message or function<vb:else />etc.etc.</vb:if>
should work :)

It doesn't work as I want to hide the mail verification input when $vboptions registration is closed. Can you please help me.
Also I need a day plugin.
Only which code should I write in plugin to recognize the day automatically.

It doesn't work as I want to hide the mail verification input when $vboptions registration is closed. Can you please help me.
Also I need a day plugin.
Only which code should I write in plugin to recognize the day automatically.

With this mod, if you have an override in effect with its respective feature enabled (e.g verify email, override closed registrations set to yes) this toggles the main option controlling if registration is allowed to yes. This is the only way I've been able to allow certain features to work without changing existing files or introducing a plethora of hacks.

Can you clarify what you mean by mail verification input and "doesn't work".

Also, concerning your day plugins, modification requests need to be created in their appropriate forum as this forum is dedicated to Adv Reg professional support.

With this mod, if you have an override in effect with its respective feature enabled (e.g verify email, override closed registrations set to yes) this toggles the main option controlling if registration is allowed to yes. This is the only way I've been able to allow certain features to work without changing existing files or introducing a plethora of hacks.

Can you clarify what you mean by mail verification input and "doesn't work".

Also, concerning your day plugins, modification requests need to be created in their appropriate forum as this forum is dedicated to Adv Reg professional support.

I don't want when main registration is off, the guest gets an option to register by mail verification unless they were invited by someone and I want that option be visible if vboption registration is allowed.

I don't want when main registration is off, the guest gets an option to register by mail verification unless they were invited by someone and I want that option be visible if vboption registration is allowed.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you want.

Are you saying you want guests who have been invited to register without email verification and guests who have not been invited to go through the email verification? If so, this is how the system works already with both features enabled and both overrides enabled.

An invited user clicks the invite link which directs them to the registration page. If they have not been invited, they must enter their email address and confirm their email to access the registration page.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you want.

Are you saying you want guests who have been invited to register without email verification and guests who have not been invited to go through the email verification? If so, this is how the system works already with both features enabled and both overrides enabled.

An invited user clicks the invite link which directs them to the registration page. If they have not been invited, they must enter their email address and confirm their email to access the registration page.

Ok! if you cannot understand, I can say dragonbyte never makes a complete mod even selling as premium.
This mod I have purchased, and till now I am facing a lot of issues and too much complains. My first reason to be unsatisfactory is, this mod have no option to make the registration invite only. Because when you set the registration invite only, still guest users can verify their mail and register even there is an option to disable, I believe that is just to say that there is optoin.
Issue #2
Upon invitation, user varified his/her email address and suddenly got disconnected from net. He/she has no way to register with same email address as it says an email address is already in use. On the other hand admin cannot find that email address thru admin panel so he/can delete it so facilitate the user to start new registration process.

Issue #3
I do not understand use of below in /registration.php?do=profile&action=invites page. No use of that block found there.

"Available Codes
No codes available"

Issue #4
I am allowing my users to invite their friend. But when I make "Can View If yes, users can view registration statistics. = no" invite option for that particular usersgroup get disabled automatically.

Issue #5
There is no clear option for admin to track which which user invited whom and what is their IP. If I go to check the stats, It looks too much congested system.

I have more and more questions. But I wish to get a solution for above possible points.

You can make registrations invite only. Disable registrations through the main vBulletin options. Now disable verify email. Enable invites and the invites override.

If a user clicks the invite link his ability to register is stored in a cookie. If this cookie is deleted, he can simply reenter his email address in the form that asks you to enter your email address. If the user has already registered with an email address he will need to log into that account or you need to enable allow multiple email registrations with the same email address.

You need to create the codes.

Fillip H. is aware of this design issue and has uploaded a hotfix per your other thread. All you need to do is reupload that specific file.

You can search through invites in the ACP.

You can make registrations invite only. Disable registrations through the main vBulletin options. Now disable verify email. Enable invites and the invites override.

If a user clicks the invite link his ability to register is stored in a cookie. If this cookie is deleted, he can simply reenter his email address in the form that asks you to enter your email address. If the user has already registered with an email address he will need to log into that account or you need to enable allow multiple email registrations with the same email address.

You need to create the codes.

Fillip H. is aware of this design issue and has uploaded a hotfix per your other thread. All you need to do is reupload that specific file.

You can search through invites in the ACP.

I had done with the hotfix and then I came to post reply in this thread.
And many of my questions in previous post are still unanswered/unsolved.

Can you please point out which questions are unanswered? From what I can see, all 5 of your most recent questions have been answered :)

Can you please point out which questions are unanswered? From what I can see, all 5 of your most recent questions have been answered :)
dbtreg.JPG
What is the available code for. I do not see any option related to this block.

dbtreg1.JPG
My question was, if the "Registration Stats" view is disabled to particular usergroup, why can't they invite permission even invite option was permitted to them.

Filter results > Title > dbtech_registration_verifyhash. should be fixed as I said in another thread.

Here shows invite sent 35 but verfied 40+ how is it possible? Consider I do not allow guest to verify email and register.

No option to check invite by an individual user for admins.

An user got disconnected before submission of registration form but he/she already verified the mail address. So, when they came back to register with the same email address, they cannot register as it says "email address already in use". And admin also not able to do anything with that email address as the email address cannot be found thru ACP user search. What is the solution.

Admin cannot deactivate or delete suspicious invitation.

Will you please answer me.

View attachment 3989
What is the available code for. I do not see any option related to this block.
AdminCP -> DBTech - Registration -> Manage Criteria -> Add Criteria -> Type: Code :)

My question was, if the "Registration Stats" view is disabled to particular usergroup, why can't they invite permission even invite option was permitted to them.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. I don't see how the two are related at all.

Filter results > Title > dbtech_registration_verifyhash. should be fixed as I said in another thread.
Has already been fixed :)

Here shows invite sent 35 but verfied 40+ how is it possible? Consider I do not allow guest to verify email and register.
Those verified emails could have been completed before you shut off that option for guests :)

No option to check invite by an individual user for admins.
Please post feature requests in a separate thread :)

An user got disconnected before submission of registration form but he/she already verified the mail address. So, when they came back to register with the same email address, they cannot register as it says "email address already in use". And admin also not able to do anything with that email address as the email address cannot be found thru ACP user search. What is the solution.
Remove the email address from the database tables dbtech_registration_email and dbtech_registration_invite

Admin cannot deactivate or delete suspicious invitation.
What is a "suspicious invitation"?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. I don't see how the two are related at all.
dbt222.JPG
If the 2nd option "Can View" set "no" that user group cannot use the invite option, even if 3rd option "Can view" was set "Yes".
If 2nd Option is "no" and 3rd option is "yes", it says "no permission".

Has already been fixed
If this issue was fixed. Please check the site I am sending you in PM.

Those verified emails could have been completed before you shut off that option for guests :)
From the day one till today neither I disabled the plugin nor I disabled the product.

Please post feature requests in a separate thread :)
I have requested various features for my different purchased products from DBT. Nothing happened till now.

Remove the email address from the database tables dbtech_registration_email and dbtech_registration_invite
Isn't it too risky to go to database and remove the address. I don't think every site owner keeps techie to do this practice always.

What is a "suspicious invitation"?
Suppose I found someone invited many users all in a sudden, I want to delete his invites from database using ACP. Is it possible.
For your kind info, I tried to do this from invite log in ACP, it does remove but still user can verify their email address.

I hope this time my points are very clear.

Last edited:
View attachment 3991
If the 2nd option "Can View" set "no" that user group cannot use the invite option, even if 3rd option "Can view" was set "Yes".
If 2nd Option is "no" and 3rd option is "yes", it says "no permission".
I'll change that in the next version.

From the day one till today neither I disabled the plugin nor I disabled the product.
That doesn't exclude a change of configuration as the cause of this issue :)

Isn't it too risky to go to database and remove the address. I don't think every site owner keeps techie to do this practice always.
It's not risky at all so long as you use a tool like phpMyAdmin and only remove the relevant rows :)

Suppose I found someone invited many users all in a sudden, I want to delete his invites from database using ACP. Is it possible.
For your kind info, I tried to do this from invite log in ACP, it does remove but still user can verify their email address.
But does it allow them to register even if you remove their invite?

I'll change that in the next version.
thank you.

That doesn't exclude a change of configuration as the cause of this issue :)
I do not have that much techie knowledge.
It's not risky at all so long as you use a tool like phpMyAdmin and only remove the relevant rows :)

But does it allow them to register even if you remove their invite?
Yes, I tried removing ACP>DBT regis.>Search log. Nothing happens, still user can register.

Has already been fixed
I have sent you test site pass. Please check it.

I'll make further changes to the invitation and registration stats in the next version.

For now, I'll close this thread as each thread should deal with one issue and one issue only. Multiple issues makes it impossible to track what has been fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.