Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Customer
Sorry. Another one.

When Elements are in play and Sudden Death is invoked after a draw, the second match does not show the element symbols on the board (however the CPU player can clearly still see them - making the game almost impossible to win!)

Could you provide me with a live match where this is happening and instruct the participants not to complete the battle?

Could you provide me with a live match where this is happening and instruct the participants not to complete the battle?

A match going on right now which is in its second round and uses the elements feature? That's quite a request!

Hang on, I guess I could start one myself and try to force a draw (if I can).

Hah! So reloading the page makes them reappear (as does clicking on my link). So when you look at it, the element symbols will probably be there.

Hmmm - hard to think of a way for you to see it without involving a new page load.

It's probably the only way I can reliably look into this - even if it were to happen during a replay I'm not sure if I'd be able to use the same method to solve it :(

I'd be facing the same problem you are to replicate it ;)

What you could try to do though is create cards that have 0's in every direction (if the game lets you, if not then go with 1's) and setup a new CPU that can only use this card. Then give yourself 5 of that card.

That should make it easier to force a draw.

Also remember to note down the position of each element, and then place one card on one of the elemental positions to confirm that the element is in fact still in play :)

The elements are definitely still in play (because the +1 and -1 figures still show up).

The hard part isn't forcing the draw (surprisingly easy to do!) - it's the fact that a page load (or reload/refresh) fixes the situtation. So even if I stopped a game in the right situation, the moment you loaded the page you'd see the symbols just fine. If I'm playing and in the situation, I can hit refresh to make the symbols appear.

I could give you a screenshot, I guess, but that's not gonna tell you anything other than that I'm not making this up! :)

So it's a circumventable problem for users who know how to fix it by refreshing the page.

That certainly doesn't make debugging any easier xD

I'll flag this as Won't Fix for now and revisit it later - considering F5 fixes it, it is like you said circumventable - I'm very busy with vBShop these days ;)

K. It's 1.20am anyway, and my wife went to bed an hour ago.... and it's Doctor Who Day tomorrow. It can wait. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back