Status
Not open for further replies.

crete

Customer
Do you have detailed step by step instruction for the person who is buying ads how to do so? I just installed this mod 2 day sago and have been asked by potential advertiser 3 times already. A simple 1,2,3, etc steps how to from start to finish would be nice. Even if you would do it in this thread so I could cut and paste that would be fine.

1. Visit the Forum Ads main page and decide on the Banner Space and/or Keyword to buy
2. Click Add to Cart
3. Scroll down, click Configure
4. Fill out the form(s) as instructed on-screen
5. Click Submit
6. Wait for administrator approval of banner and/or keyword
7. Click "Customer Area" in the sub-menu when viewing Forum Ads
8. Click "[Complete Transaction #<number>]" next to the transactions that are unpaid

:)

What about funding the account? How is this done? I have it setup for $1 per 1,000 impressions, how much will it ask them for ...... $1? Should there be a minimum amount to deposit?

Sorry, our system doesn't work the way you think - there's no "account".

When you set up something to cost $1 for 1000 impressions, it will sell a keyword or a banner space for $1, and the banner or keyword will stay up for 1000 impressions before it will get hidden.

They must then resubmit their advertisement. In the future we'll be adding a way to repurchase the same advertisement without alterations, but for now it doesn't work that way.

Sorry, our system doesn't work the way you think - there's no "account".

When you set up something to cost $1 for 1000 impressions, it will sell a keyword or a banner space for $1, and the banner or keyword will stay up for 1000 impressions before it will get hidden.

They must then resubmit their advertisement. In the future we'll be adding a way to repurchase the same advertisement without alterations, but for now it doesn't work that way.

So this is much different than what DP is using correct? Do they not have to use paypal or some type of payment service and fund it first? Are you saying an advertiser is literally going to have to hit paypal for one dollar everytime it runs through 1000 impressions?

So this is much different than what DP is using correct?
I have no idea how DP's mod works, sorry.

Do they not have to use paypal or some type of payment service and fund it first?
As explained above, there is no pre-funding. All purchases are made exactly like they would be made in a traditional sense; Customers say "I want this", the mod says "That will be X dollars", customers pay.

Are you saying an advertiser is literally going to have to hit paypal for one dollar everytime it runs through 1000 impressions?
If that's the way you set it up, yes.

We recommend following the instructions in the "Ad Cost" setting under "Manage Prices" -> Edit.
In other words, sell bundles of 10k and above impressions, and also have a Price available where you set (in your example) 0.001 dollars per 1 impression - forcing users to enter a number of impressions they want their ad to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back