We've run into a weird issue.

We have a free starter pack set up. It has the following settings:

Random Cards: 10
Chance for Level 1: 1000
Chance for Level 2: 0
Chance for Level 3: 0
... etc. with 0 set for all chances except Level 1

Deck Cards Handout: None

So that should hand out 10 random level 1 cards.

The level 1 cards from that deck are set up as follows:

All Rare % set at 0
Except for one card ("Xia") set at: 800

So as far as I can tell, it should now hand out 10 random level 1 cards from that deck, with Xia appearing only rarely.

However, what's happening is that every starter deck is 10 identical Xia cards (see screenshot). I'v pored over the values set, and can't figure out any settings area on my part, so I'm guessing it might be a bug.

rare.jpg

As an update - changing that card's rarity from 800 back to 0 has made the spread random again. So it seems that the inclusion of a rarer card in the random deck causes the system to choose only that card.

Is it possible that the rarity % is reversed in the code (so 0 is actually rare and 1000 is actually common, as opposed to the descriptive text which says the opposite?)

Last edited:
As an update - changing that card's rarity from 800 back to 0 has made the spread random again. So it seems that the inclusion of a rarer card in the random deck causes the system to choose only that card.

Is it possible that the rarity % is reversed in the code (so 0 is actually rare and 1000 is actually common, as opposed to the descriptive text which says the opposite?)

0 means none of those cards will come out, 1000 means there is a 100% chance of those cards coming out.

I'd recommend using small values first, it may just be that the 800 is so high the system is hitting it every time before it can progress to checking the next level.

Try changing the settings to 100 and 80 instead of 1000 and 800, see how that works out for you.

EDIT: I just remembered that they system prefers the TOTAL number to be 1000. e.g if you wanted to have an equal chance of level 1 2 3 and 4 you would set it to 250 each. - Try changing the numbers to maintain the ratio you want, but have the total equal 1000 =)

Cosmic

0 means none of those cards will come out, 1000 means there is a 100% chance of those cards coming out.

Cosmic

Just so you're aware, that's exactly the opposite of what the admin page text says. The text there says that 0 is very common and 1000 is very rate.

odd, what version are you using? The latest version which we are using here on DBTech says:

triple triad said:
If you use the number of random cards option above, this will define the chances of a card being a specific level. You can use 0-1000% here to define the chances, 0 will exclude the type from being added to the deck while 1000 guarentees it.

You do not need to enter the % symbol, and you should note that using 1000 will stop other types from being included within the deck when purchased. At least one type will need a value higher than 0 applied if you use the random cards.

It says:

"The card rare value determines how rare a card is by chance. It is designed with the scale 0% - 1000% in mind, where 0% means it's extremely easy to obtain and 1000% means it's extremely rare. You do not need to enter % here, just the number."

It's Triple Triad version 1.1.1.

It says:

"The card rare value determines how rare a card is by chance. It is designed with the scale 0% - 1000% in mind, where 0% means it's extremely easy to obtain and 1000% means it's extremely rare. You do not need to enter % here, just the number."

It's Triple Triad version 1.1.1.

Where exactly is that displaying?

Where exactly is that displaying?

Manage Triad Sets > Manage Cards > Edit > Card Rare
The card rare value determines how rare a card is by chance. It is designed with the scale 0% - 1000% in mind, where 0% means it's extremely easy to obtain and 1000% means it's extremely rare. You do not need to enter % here, just the number.

It is the description that's flipped around on the Card Rare area.

I'm not sure if it's possible to keep a product active but not allow any more purchases in our licence system - but you can change the phrase yourself in any case :)

So when adding decks is it true that lower values = higher chance of getting the card, or is it still the higher the value the better chance of getting it?

800 makes more of a chance than 200 or
200 makes more of a chance to get a card in a deck than 800

So when adding decks is it true that lower values = higher chance of getting the card, or is it still the higher the value the better chance of getting it?

800 makes more of a chance than 200 or
200 makes more of a chance to get a card in a deck than 800

Higher values = more likely =)

Cosmic

I'm currently setting them at:

Common: 1000
Uncommon: 500
Rare: 100
Specials: 50
Elementals: 25

We'll see how that goes.

Well, I can confirm that doesn't work. Now everybody is only getting 10 of the first card in the set.

I can't get my head round how this works. So does the rarity section also have to add up to 1000 total?

There are 8 level 1 cards. I want 7 of them to be common, and one of them to be uncommon. So I set 7 of them at 1000 and one at 500. That doesn't work.

I'm now going to try something else. Going on the theory that they have to add up to 1000, I'll try:

7 x 140 (=980)
1 x 20

Last edited:
1000 total is the best way to do it.

The problem with setting the first level to 1000 is 1000 equates to 100%, so the system will do a check to see if the player gets a level one card, if it's 1000 they will get a level 1 card every time the check runs.

If for instance it is set to 800, the system will check at level one, and 1 out of 5 times it won't get a level one card, and so will move to the next level etc.

Hope that clarifies,

Cosmic

1000 total is the best way to do it.

The problem with setting the first level to 1000 is 1000 equates to 100%, so the system will do a check to see if the player gets a level one card, if it's 1000 they will get a level 1 card every time the check runs.

If for instance it is set to 800, the system will check at level one, and 1 out of 5 times it won't get a level one card, and so will move to the next level etc.

Hope that clarifies,

Cosmic

It's not the level frequencies we're discussing, it's the individual card rarities. Two different things.

It's not the level frequencies we're discussing, it's the individual card rarities. Two different things.

It works using the same engine =)

If a card is set to 1000 it'll be given 100% of the time it is checked.

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back