Triple Triad "Randomiser" isn't exactly what I'd call random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kila_Bite

Customer
Hi guys,

I have a small issue on my forums with Triple Triad Lite. I have created a deck called the Xtreme deck. I am using the Final Fantasy 8 default cards. Presently, the Xtreme deck only allows you to purchase level 7 boss cards. Every level 7 boss cards rarity is equal at 650. For some reason when ever you purchase the Xtreme deck, you only really ever get two types of cards BGH251F2 and Catoblepas. On occassion, if you're really lucky you might get Gargantua but this is rare.

All cards are set to be able to be obtained via an equal chance, or so I thought so can you explain to me why "randomly" selected cards often appear 4 times over in a 6 card deck when (if it were trully random) the chances of that happening are 1 in 1,048,576?

I do intend to buy triple triad pro and will once I get a suitable resolution to this issue.

Many thanks,

Last edited:
I've had similar problems with this, and one comment made was to make sure all the cards have a rarity of greater than 0.

Plus, the text informs you that rarity works the wrong way. 1 is the rarest, 1000 is common. In other words, your boss cards all have a 6.5/10 chance of being picked. I found pushing more of my cards towards the 250-300 range seems to make the randomization better, although the system (from what was described) seems to favor lower cards alphabetically (ot it could be numerically, i.e. the card ID, but not 100% certain which).

Another tip might be to adjust the rarity by 1. i.e. have cards on 647, 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653. I used that method, trying to avoid any one card in a level having the same rarity.

The final comment the guys made was 'computer randomization sucks' or something similar... :)

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.