Bug Created emails don't like commas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Customer
When vBMail processes the text of a created one to send, it removes any commas used within the body of the text.

Example:

If I typed "We're ready to announce..."

It arrives as an email and it says "Were ready to announce..."

If I typed "We've just released..."

It arrives as an email and it says "Weve just released..."

Why is the code removing the commas of short formed words?

Regards,
Doug

That's an apostrophe, not a comma.
Apostrophe: '
Comma: ,

Anyway, are you using a Mac? Have you tried reading the email in another client?

That's an apostrophe, not a comma.
Apostrophe: '
Comma: ,

Anyway, are you using a Mac? Have you tried reading the email in another client?

No, I don't have another email system, other than what I have on my MAC...

Are you saying that it's an Apple problem? I don't see apostrophes disappearing from any other emails I receive?

Regards,
Doug

The apostrophes that are generated by Macs look more like ` than the windows ones which look like '

Some character encodings do not include the Mac apostrophe. Can you try copying the Windows one as I put it above and send an email using that, and see if that works for you?

The apostrophes that are generated by Macs look more like ` than the windows ones which look like '

Some character encodings do not include the Mac apostrophe. Can you try copying the Windows one as I put it above and send an email using that, and see if that works for you?

For clarity ... are you asking me to cut-n-paste the apostrophe you showed above into an email I create from my FireFox browser on my MAC and that will fix the issue?

Well I just created an email on my MacBook Pro with FireFox browser with vBMail and simply typed things like we're and we'd ...

The emails were received just fine with the appropriate apostrophes in the right places...

I have no idea what's going on...

Thanks...

Regards,
Doug

In that case, it looks like your specific character set and email clients don't like the Mac apostrophes. You'll want to use the regular ones to send emails in the future :)

Thanks ..

Any idea what font type I should be choosing with the built-in text editor on a MacBook Pro with OSX operating system, so the apostrophes come out correctly?

Regards,
Doug

I wouldn't know, as I have a PC keyboard connected to my Mac Mini with a specially downloaded keyboard set that has all the characters in their proper place. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.