Status
Not open for further replies.

soso

Customer
Trying to import old .xml files from inferno doesn't seem to work, thou i have had one success from many attempts?

I am trying to add a quiz with Anagrams, so all i want is for members to type in there answer, how do i go about this?

Thanks..... ;)

With the install problems you had, I'm wondering if the files might not be set correctly.
Do you have the file dbtech/vbquiz_pro/hooks/dbtech_vbquiz_create_complete.php

If it's there and you have the permissions set right and it's still not working then I would need to get admin/ftp access to take a look and see what's going on.

With the install problems you had, I'm wondering if the files might not be set correctly.
Do you have the file dbtech/vbquiz_pro/hooks/dbtech_vbquiz_create_complete.php

If it's there and you have the permissions set right and it's still not working then I would need to get admin/ftp access to take a look and see what's going on.

Think i may have this sorted, other than being able to import ... :eek:

It imports all the quizzes and forms the categories no problem, but there is no questions in any of the quizzes other than the 1st one???

It imports all the quizzes and forms the categories no problem, but there is no questions in any of the quizzes other than the 1st one???

Are you exporting a quiz and reimporting it? Or are you talking about the inferno importer?

Are you exporting a quiz and reimporting it? Or are you talking about the inferno importer?

Actually it occurs with both ..

I used the importer 1st, but when this did not work correctly i then tried the expoting and importing ...

I checked the .xml files when exported and the files have nothing wrong with them, but after import i have no questions in the files?

Actually it occurs with both ..

I used the importer 1st, but when this did not work correctly i then tried the expoting and importing ...

I checked the .xml files when exported and the files have nothing wrong with them, but after import i have no questions in the files?

What is the source data? If you want to send it to me I'll take a look and see if it's a data issue or code issue.

Here is what is in the .xml file before adding it to the quiz ...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<quiz_export>

<quiz q_name="Premiership Team Anagrams" q_desc="Find the names of all 20 Premiership football clubs from the anagrams."><![CDATA[]]></quiz>

<question q_question="Wet dense lunatic" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:16:{QUOTATION}Newcastle United{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Worm in a bitch’s bowl" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:20:{QUOTATION}West Bromwich Albion{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="To hot up Mrs" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:10:{QUOTATION}Portsmouth{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Vital loans" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}Aston Villa{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="The new stadium" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:15:{QUOTATION}West Ham United{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Narrowest blonds" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:16:{QUOTATION}Bolton Wanderers{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Ham flu" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:6:{QUOTATION}Fulham{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Anal ers!" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:7:{QUOTATION}Arsenal{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="The nuts named Eric" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:17:{QUOTATION}Manchester United{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Halt technical rot" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:17:{QUOTATION}Charlton Athletic{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Braver blocks run" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:16:{QUOTATION}Blackburn Rovers{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="O’ lip lover" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:9:{QUOTATION}Liverpool{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Mount the posh tart" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:17:{QUOTATION}Tottenham Hotspur{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Nuns ladder" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:10:{QUOTATION}Sunderland{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Synthetic cream" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:16:{QUOTATION}Manchester City {QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Cathy bring Mimi" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:15:{QUOTATION}Birmingham City{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Delhi drugs mob" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:13:{QUOTATION}Middlesbrough{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Even rot" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:7:{QUOTATION}Everton{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="Cash eel" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:7:{QUOTATION}Chelsea{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

<question q_question="A genital witch" q_type="TextBox" q_params="a:2:{s:6:{QUOTATION}answer{QUOTATION};s:14:{QUOTATION}Wigan Athletic{QUOTATION};s:11:{QUOTATION}part_answer{QUOTATION};s:1:{QUOTATION}0{QUOTATION};}"><![CDATA[]]></question>

</quiz_export>

And here is what happens when added to the VvBQuiz ...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<vbquiz>
	<quiz>
		<quiz quiz_id="600"><![CDATA[a:26:{s:7:"quiz_id";s:3:"600";s:11:"category_id";s:2:"27";s:6:"userid";s:1:"0";s:11:"assistantid";s:1:"0";s:10:"approverid";s:1:"0";s:9:"quiz_name";s:25:"Premiership Team Anagrams";s:9:"quiz_desc";s:70:"Find the names of all 20 Premiership football clubs from the anagrams.";s:9:"quiz_type";s:1:"0";s:14:"quiz_thread_id";s:1:"0";s:12:"show_correct";s:1:"0";s:6:"hidden";s:1:"2";s:12:"guest_access";s:1:"0";s:10:"time_limit";s:1:"0";s:11:"retry_count";s:1:"0";s:10:"start_date";s:1:"0";s:8:"end_date";s:1:"0";s:11:"req_quiz_id";s:1:"0";s:9:"req_score";s:1:"0";s:10:"quiz_image";s:0:"";s:10:"image_type";s:0:"";s:5:"rules";s:0:"";s:7:"tagging";s:0:"";s:8:"approved";s:1:"0";s:4:"open";s:1:"0";s:16:"show_explanation";s:1:"0";s:18:"explanation_groups";s:6:"a:0:{}";}]]></quiz>
	</quiz>
	<question>
		<question question_id="6724"><![CDATA[a:9:{s:11:"question_id";s:4:"6724";s:7:"quiz_id";s:3:"600";s:13:"question_type";s:1:"0";s:13:"question_name";s:0:"";s:14:"question_name2";s:0:"";s:11:"explanation";s:0:"";s:14:"question_image";s:2:"00";s:10:"image_type";s:0:"";s:10:"sort_order";s:1:"0";}]]></question>
	</question>
	<result>
	</result>
	<answer>
	</answer>
	<answer_match>
	</answer_match>
</vbquiz>

Hope you can pick the bones from this mate ... .;)

Do you have the inferno data in the same database as your quiz install?
The way I have it setup to bring in inferno data, you run a file in your acp and it will pull the category and quiz data straight from the inferno table and put it into the quiz.
If you have it in the same database then I can give you instructions on how to get the quizzes imported.

Do you have the inferno data in the same database as your quiz install?
The way I have it setup to bring in inferno data, you run a file in your acp and it will pull the category and quiz data straight from the inferno table and put it into the quiz.
If you have it in the same database then I can give you instructions on how to get the quizzes imported.

Yes the inferno quiz is in the same database ... I use the vbquiz_inferno_quiz_import file which seems to run ok with no errors ... But only the 1st quiz has the questions with it, all the rest have what i posted above in the .xml file ..

Even if i import one seperately it doesn't show up with the questions?

Thanks ... .

Yes the inferno quiz is in the same database ... I use the vbquiz_inferno_quiz_import file which seems to run ok with no errors ... But only the 1st quiz has the questions with it, all the rest have what i posted above in the .xml file ..

Even if i import one seperately it doesn't show up with the questions?

Thanks ... .

Ah okay, I just replicated the problem locally on my dev. I'll work out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBQuiz

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings