Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphers

Customer
I currently run a pro version of vBshout that I bought the lifetime subscription to on my vBulletin board hosted by hostmonster.com. Recently they have taken down my board as a violation of their TOS due to performance issues stemming from the vbshout.php script from the shoutbox that I've installed. My board is actually not very large at all, and our userbase is far smaller than a similar board with an even larger userbase using their shoutbox at once.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? I have disabled any but registered users and above from viewing the shoutbox. My host does not seem to be willing to let my site back up without disabling the addon and I'd rather not do that - plus I absolutely love the product. :)

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that - especially if your host is adamant about not letting your site back online unless it remains disabled.

I suggest you look for an alternative hosting company that does not impose such restrictive business practices. Our HiVelocity Hosting partner is an excellent choice if you are interested in a dedicated server :)

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that - especially if your host is adamant about not letting your site back online unless it remains disabled.

I suggest you look for an alternative hosting company that does not impose such restrictive business practices. Our HiVelocity Hosting partner is an excellent choice if you are interested in a dedicated server :)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong in my setup that could be causing the strain on the host? I was getting an error:

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User ******* already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
/home2/********/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 315

Does this say anything? Speaks a foreign language to me :(

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong in my setup that could be causing the strain on the host? I was getting an error:

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User ******* already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
/home2/********/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 315

Does this say anything? Speaks a foreign language to me :(

That just looks like a notification that you are using more connections than your host has allocated to you.

In short your host is providing you with an extremely limited service and blaming vBShout for you using more resources than they want to give you - its a common business practice amongst certain hosts, especially shared hosting resellers :(. They promise unlimited everything, or huge amount of space, bandwidth etc, but then impose restrictions like this that make it impossible for you to actually make use of any of those things. I would suggest taking your business elsewhere to be honest.

Last edited:
That just looks like a notification that you are using more connections than your host has allocated to you.

In short your host is providing you with an extremely limited service and blaming vBShout for you using more resources than they want to give you - its a common business practice amongst certain hosts, especially shared hosting resellers :(. They promise unlimited everything, or huge amount of space, bandwidth etc, but then impose restrictions like this that make it impossible for you to actually make use of any of those things. I would suggest taking your business elsewhere to be honest.

Ouch. Not an answer I would have liked, but an honest one, nonetheless. Luckily I am not even a month into their plan, and may be able to retract my payment (i payed a whole year :( )

I'll look at HiVelocity as suggested and see what my options are for migrating over. Thanks again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back