Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Customer
Top 100 thread table does not seem to be updating with the current stats.

The threads that have a 5 star rating are not being moved to the top of the list. I have run the Cron job and nothing is being updated on my site for top ratings. I have attached a screen capture.

Attachments

• Rate-X-Threads.jpg
    Rate-X-Threads.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I'll check the code on that, strange that it's not sorting them right

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I'll check the code on that, strange that it's not sorting them right

Not a problem that you missed this, and seen this message and checked the system and still it has not done anything to move the top rated posts to the top of the list. Also ran the Cron job and nothing there.

Yes, I'm still trying to figure out the problem. I'll post back when I get it worked out.

Hi Dennis, I'm having some trouble replicating this in my dev and I need some info from your database. Can you run a couple queries for me and let me know the results?
ACP->Maintenance->Execute SQL Query

Code:
select dbtech_trating_score_weighted from thread where threadid = 13000

Code:
select dbtech_trating_score_weighted from thread where threadid = 12843

If you have a prefix then you'll need to adjust it. So if you have something like vb_ as a prefix it'll need to be

Code:
select dbtech_trating_score_weighted from vb_thread where threadid = 13000

Code:
select dbtech_trating_score_weighted from vb_thread where threadid = 12843

Let me know what those results come back as.

Hi Dennis, I'm having some trouble replicating this in my dev and I need some info from your database. Can you run a couple queries for me and let me know the results?
ACP->Maintenance->Execute SQL Query

Code:

Code:

If you have a prefix then you'll need to adjust it. So if you have something like vb_ as a prefix it'll need to be

Code:

Code:

Let me know what those results come back as.

I have prefixes only in one area but I don't have the ratings in that area at this time, hope that is not the cause of the errors?

Here are the results that came back with the SQL Query.

Results: 1 (0.0001s), Page 1 of 1
dbtech_trating_score_weighted

Results: 1 (0.0001s), Page 1 of 1
dbtech_trating_score_weighted

vBulletin Message
An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
error number: 1146
error desc: Table 'torontod_vb_data.vb_thread' doesn't exist

vBulletin Message
An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
error number: 1146
error desc: Table 'torontod_vb_data.vb_thread' doesn't exist

Not liking the errors that I have seen in the last two.

Sorry, when I said prefix I meant table prefix. That's why the second 2 queries gave errors, you don't have table prefixes and there are no tables with vb_ in the name.
I'm just having trouble finding out if it's a problem with the importer that didn't rank the threads correctly or my constantly updating code that ranks when a thread is rated. Sorry it's taking me a bit to figure out the problem.

Sorry, when I said prefix I meant table prefix. That's why the second 2 queries gave errors, you don't have table prefixes and there are no tables with vb_ in the name.
I'm just having trouble finding out if it's a problem with the importer that didn't rank the threads correctly or my constantly updating code that ranks when a thread is rated. Sorry it's taking me a bit to figure out the problem.

Hi Dylan,

Well that is good news to know that there is nothing wrong with the database.

You'll figure this all out in due time, and for me if the main portion is working which it is that is good news. As for the Top Rated output list, no pressure from me to resolve this. it gets fixed whenever you find the problem.

Dennis

Hi Dylan,

I just wanted to follow up on this issue and see if there was any headway with this problem.

Thanks Dennis

Sorry Dennis, I'll dedicate my time to get this fixed, I'm having problems replicating it locally although I do see that there is a problem on your site. I wont let it drag on though, if I don't get it figured out by the end of the weekend I'll drag Fillip H. into it.

Sorry Dennis, I'll dedicate my time to get this fixed, I'm having problems replicating it locally although I do see that there is a problem on your site. I wont let it drag on though, if I don't get it figured out by the end of the weekend I'll drag Fillip H. into it.

It was just a follow up message, and knowing the status. Now this is new to me Dylan, what sort of problem are we taking about on my site? That is never a good thing to hear about. And is it an easy fix?

I just meant the problem with the top 100 not being right. I don't mean any other issue outside of the order of the top 100 threads.

I just meant the problem with the top 100 not being right. I don't mean any other issue outside of the order of the top 100 threads.

Oh that is good that it is the only problem, had a scare in me for a moment Dylan. As I said when ever you have the time to get around to it, as long as I know that it is being worked on is fine with me.

Hi Dylan,

I was wondering if you had a chance to look into this issue at all... Just another follow up for you so this does not slip through the cracks.

Thanks

Hi Dennis, I think Fillip H. and I got the issue worked out today. I'm going to write up the code to fix the data they try it out on here. If it works then I'll upload a new release and reply to this thread so you know.

Hi Dennis, I think Fillip H. and I got the issue worked out today. I'm going to write up the code to fix the data they try it out on here. If it works then I'll upload a new release and reply to this thread so you know.

Sounds good that you found the problem out. I see that you are going to upload a new release and will this also fix the problem I first when I had to place some code elsewhere in a template I think?

Just don't want to run into another issue once I update to the new file upload.

Last edited:
Sounds good that you found the problem out. I see that you are going to upload a new release and will this also fix the problem I first when I had to place some code elsewhere in a template I think?

Just don't want to run into another issue once I update to the new file upload.

Yes, that should be fixed in the new files, part of why I moved it in the files was the issue we ran into with it on your site.

Yes, that should be fixed in the new files, part of why I moved it in the files was the issue we ran into with it on your site.

Hi Dylan,

Good to hear that everything will be fixed and happy to see this small issue get resolved. I look forward to seeing the update soon.

Dennis

Hi Dylan,

Good to hear that everything will be fixed and happy to see this small issue get resolved. I look forward to seeing the update soon.

Dennis
I just added the release, v2.0.3 is available now. I tested it out on here and it fixed the issues with the Top 100 threads we have here. Let me know if it fixes your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.