Status
Not open for further replies.

Boko577

Customer
Just bought vBActivity Pro and downloaded the newest vBActivity Lite, installed both of them. It even said stuff like upgrading to 1.1.1 while importing the lite product. Now it says on my forum on the Activity page that I have 1.0.0. Also, shouldn't this be removed on vBActivity Pro? I really think if you're going to pay for a mod that there should be no branding on it.

Run these queries (remember to add a table prefix if you use it):
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1110',
        defaultvalue = '1110'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_versionnumber'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1.1.0',
        defaultvalue = '1.1.0'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_versionnumber_text'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1110',
        defaultvalue = '1110'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_pro_versionnumber'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1.1.0',
        defaultvalue = '1.1.0'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_pro_versionnumber_text'

Then go into vBulletin Options, save any setting (doesn't matter what, or if you change anything). It should be alright then.

Run these queries (remember to add a table prefix if you use it):
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1110',
        defaultvalue = '1110'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_versionnumber'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1.1.0',
        defaultvalue = '1.1.0'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_versionnumber_text'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1110',
        defaultvalue = '1110'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_pro_versionnumber'
Code:
    UPDATE `setting` SET
        value = '1.1.0',
        defaultvalue = '1.1.0'
    WHERE varname = 'dbtech_vbactivity_pro_versionnumber_text'

Then go into vBulletin Options, save any setting (doesn't matter what, or if you change anything). It should be alright then.

Do I go to maintenance and execute queries there? And also, why is there branding on a full pro version?

Yeah, you can execute the queries from vBulletin's interface.

The branding exists to spread the name of the brand. vBulletin itself is paid, and yet it still has branding, no?

Yeah, you can execute the queries from vBulletin's interface.

The branding exists to spread the name of the brand. vBulletin itself is paid, and yet it still has branding, no?

True, but it really shouldn't show the version numbers. If there is a major hacking bug found in version 1.1.0, and people see that you are on 1.1.0, then they could easily hack it. Know what I mean? This is why I have a mod that hides the version number of vBulletin I'm using. There is no way that showing the version numbers will help you guys spread your company. Take out those two top lines and leave your company's name.

That's why you can turn off the version numbers in the settings :)
It's just defaulted to On so that we can easily identify what versions people are running if they request support.

At least, normally... xD

So did those queries work? Because it's important that you have the version numbers in order, otherwise upgrade scripts will get confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that they did. I'll investigate why this happened in the first place, then :)

I've discovered the source of this problem, it only affects clean installs and it will not disrupt upgrade scripts as I previously assumed.
The next time the version number is updated, this problem will go away on its own :)

I'll patch the files regardless.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.