Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have some information about your server?

The type of hosting, server info, server load etc?

I have a webhostingpackage :)

So I can´t provide you much information.

SunOS
Apache v2.2.15 (cgi-fcgi)
php 5.2.12
MYSQL 5.0.89-log

Haha, I'll get fillip to check but...

Chances are with that kind of hosting the issue i just a coincidence - they ay have added more people to your server, or you may have used up extra bandwidth by installing the shoutbox and they've started to throttle your CPU clocks etc...

You get what you pay for =P

That depends on the size of your site, the number of users you have, the specs of the server... It's not a requirement for everyone though, no.

my forum is around 11 months old,so i dont have too many users,what server specs i need to know to run vbshout in my forum?

my forum is around 11 months old,so i dont have too many users,what server specs i need to know to run vbshout in my forum?

It's impossible to answer that question. Off the top of my head it depends on: How many concurrent users are on a page with a shoutbox, how many queries your forum is running in general, how close your forum is running to the server capacity already, what other mods are running alongside the shoutbox, the settings for the shoutbox itself, how many shouts are made and how frequently, what limitations your host places on CPU cycles on a shared server...

You should try the Lite version and see how it performs for you :)

It's impossible to answer that question. Off the top of my head it depends on: How many concurrent users are on a page with a shoutbox, how many queries your forum is running in general, how close your forum is running to the server capacity already, what other mods are running alongside the shoutbox, the settings for the shoutbox itself, how many shouts are made and how frequently, what limitations your host places on CPU cycles on a shared server...

You should try the Lite version and see how it performs for you :)

cool thank you for the answer,i will try the Lite Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.