Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd need to ask for more information, but it just so happens that I have ran into an issue where if usernames with the ' character shouted, IE would just fail to load.

I'll mark this as Fixed for now, if the issue persists after 6.0.1 please create a new thread with more information (Hit F12 to access IE's developer tools and present me with the error message in the Console tab) :)

I believe that corresponds to the error I was getting in IE9 when the previously mentioned occurrence happened.

Still no loading in IE. And android guys still having problem.

Correction...it my users tell me it "Appears and then disappears on IE"

Last edited:
That makes no sense xD I've tested this in IE9 (all rendering modes) and it works fine :)

My members are on right now talking about the chat on IE being stuck about 5 minutes behind

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

According to members in IE "The shout box appeared, updated the chats, disappeared and then went back to the 8:27 chat" (half hour ago chat...we have had 50 since then)

Looks like there's a separate issue with IE, I'll fix it for 6.0.2 then =(

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 ----------

Update: I hotfixed the issue on your forum :)

Cool thanks! I couldn't remember if you still had access or not. Now that's service!

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Seems better. The only thing I still see is an error is popping up in IE on my extra shoutbox instance. see screen shot:

link to instance

ie-issue.jpg

I don't seem to be getting this in my main instance. ?

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have access to IE6 on Windows XP so I am unable to assist with this :(

I'm on IE8

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

A member sent me this: Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:35:17 UTC

Message: 'userOptions.soundSettings[...]' is null or not an object
Line: 1719
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout.js?v=601[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

It seems this issue is on all detached instances and chat is not loading at all in detached mode on IE. Seems to be working ok on forum pages though.

Last edited:
To be more accurate, I don't have access to Windows XP at all.

I'm unable to confirm any issues with detached mode, except for the fact that you have WAY too many shouts loading in detached mode, which is killing the browser.

I cut the detached chats in half...but didnt fix the problem.

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Not sure if this helps...here is a screen shot of the debug console:

ie-issue2.jpg

Last edited:
Still not working quite right.

My main instance is giving the same stop running script error (I don't see it on the second instance just yet). It is clear it is struggling with both as the page locks up for 20 seconds and won't allow scrolling or clicking on anything else.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Looks like a different error. Here is a screen of the console

ie-issue3.jpg

Operation aborted means the browser stopped an AJAX call (either from timeout - too many shouts fetched - or from a page reload).

I recommend 20 shouts for the inline instance and 40 for the detached, I believe those are the default values :)

lets do that at least for debugging purposes...resetting now

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Still locking up. Getting this error: Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.1; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:13:01 UTC

Message: The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable
Line: 426
Char: 27
Code: 0
URI: Captive Reefs

I have never encountered that error before and I don't believe it's related to vBShout as vBShout isn't mentioned anywhere in it.

According to a quick Google search, Microsoft has confirmed this is a bug in Internet Explorer dating back to May 2006 which they have yet to fix.

chat box is flashing this error in the first line: Error: 12152 Unknown

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I guess if we get to the point where it can't be fixed I think I may have to go back to the older vbshout 5.4. Too many people use IE to not have it work. :(

Man I hate IE....

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I'm thinking that jquery is causing all these headaches...it is very particular with IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back