Question Questions on tabs at top - also does not seem to work in chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

pityocamptes

Customer
Not sure about why their is a tab called SHOUT, ACTIVE USERS, [my custom] tabs. Basically what is the SHOUT box, and why is active users a tab? Also, I have given permissions to unregistered to use the shoutbox, but if I open up a browser in Chrome (not signed into my site) I do not get the option to post anything. I set the permissions correctly in instance manager... thanks.

So I logged out to see if an unregistered user could chat, nope not working in firefox either. Not getting forum posts to chat box, etc. In fact some of the options for different color shouts, etc. radio buttons, not saving at all. Once I save it, and go back in, they are unchecked...

Last edited:
Basically what is the SHOUT box
The shoutbox is where your users post their messages for others to see. It's the default tab, and where every message is displayed.

and why is active users a tab?
This tab displays a comma-separated list of all users that are currently showing up as Active in the shoutbox.

Also, I have given permissions to unregistered to use the shoutbox, but if I open up a browser in Chrome (not signed into my site) I do not get the option to post anything.
Unregistered users cannot post messages to the shoutbox, this is working as intended and will not be changing in the future.

As this ticket has received no further replies, I'll close it.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back