Question Need a little help with eCommerce, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chernabog

Customer
Hey there! I have a few questions, and maybe a suggestion or two regarding the eCommerce addon. I've recently started using it again to sell, and gift, physical items to our members.

I don't want to be a pain in the butt, but here are the questions and ideas I have. Any insight would be a huge help to me, some of these are minor roadblocks:

1) Coupons: I want to allow our team to pick an item from the store for free. The coupon works perfectly for enabling that, but I just realized one volunteer paid me for shipping - which destroys the entire purpose of the gift. I would have thought that enabling the coupon to take off 100% of the sale would have automatically included shipping fees. Could we please get an update that will allow you to tick to include shipping charges on things like coupons? Even sales could benefit from the ability to set the discount to be free shipping rather than a percentage or dollar amount off an item, or both.

2) Income Statistics: Is there a delay, maybe a cron job, that handles that updating? I notice the sale from today hasn't shown up there yet - but as I write this - I realize I should be checking cron jobs before wasting space with this likely non-issue. :p

3) Post to forum upon order: I noticed that despite that being set, I did not see any forum post for the item purchased. I double-checked the forum permissions and the permissions are set for access as they should be, so I'm unsure why it wasn't posted. Any ideas of what else I should check?

---------------------------
Questions, suggestions
--------------------------

Are there any future updates in mind that would provide the ability to integrate with shipping services like USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc? To perhaps automate the shipping charges process? Or maybe even turn off shipping charges for particular items. I know I'm thinking on the Woo level here, but these could also be additional addon purchases to the eCommerce module.

Outside of that, the ability to send a PM to registered members who purchase an item (rather than email only for message and/or invoice), and ....well I cannot think of the last thing I had thought of. The addon is solid, there's just some tweaks that could help -- would love to see it be the WOO for XenForo users, we could really use that in the community.

Thanks for all you do!

Last edited:
1) Coupons: I want to allow our team to pick an item from the store for free. The coupon works perfectly for enabling that, but I just realized one volunteer paid me for shipping - which destroys the entire purpose of the gift. I would have thought that enabling the coupon to take off 100% of the sale would have automatically included shipping fees. Could we please get an update that will allow you to tick to include shipping charges on things like coupons? Even sales could benefit from the ability to set the discount to be free shipping rather than a percentage or dollar amount off an item, or both.
Does your shipping method formula include the cost of the items? If not, then this would be working as intended.

2) Income Statistics: Is there a delay, maybe a cron job, that handles that updating? I notice the sale from today hasn't shown up there yet - but as I write this - I realize I should be checking cron jobs before wasting space with this likely non-issue. :p
It is indeed a daily cron job :)

3) Post to forum upon order: I noticed that despite that being set, I did not see any forum post for the item purchased. I double-checked the forum permissions and the permissions are set for access as they should be, so I'm unsure why it wasn't posted. Any ideas of what else I should check?
Threads are only posted if the order contains any order fields that needed to be filled out, e.g. Professional Installation here @ DBTech. Is this true for your orders?

Are there any future updates in mind that would provide the ability to integrate with shipping services like USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc? To perhaps automate the shipping charges process? Or maybe even turn off shipping charges for particular items. I know I'm thinking on the Woo level here, but these could also be additional addon purchases to the eCommerce module.
Much, much too complex to be worth doing unfortunately :(

Outside of that, the ability to send a PM to registered members who purchase an item (rather than email only for message and/or invoice), and ....well I cannot think of the last thing I had thought of. The addon is solid, there's just some tweaks that could help -- would love to see it be the WOO for XenForo users, we could really use that in the community.
Could be something to look into, could you please re-post this particular point in the suggestions forum? :)

I was just coming to do a heavy edit to my message; thank you for taking the time to answer it even though some things were simple oversights on my end.

My shipping method is flat, because I am not exactly sure how to manipulate the variables. For anything I do, flat rate shipping is easiest. I was just hoping for a way to utilize coupons that allow me to make items entirely free (shipping covered also) for when we do appreciation tokens.

Cron jobs for the win! :)

Posting to threads.... yep, I actually READ what you have in the server settings finally :| and realized it wasn't going to happen. My bad. It would be nice, though, to have the admin see a notice in the admin tool bar that an order has occurred in the store no matter whose assigned to the product.

Shipping: I understand.... I kinda thought that was an insane request the moment I finished the post.

I will go to the suggestion forum and a suggestion :p

Thank you!! :) :)

Last edited:
Hello @chernabog,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating