Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my members pointed out a problem with the EXP rewards. He has noted that if he remains in the Training Grounds fighting level 1 enemies he reaps 65+ EXP per battle at higher levels.

When he goes to higher level encounter zones his EXP yield drops down to 8 - 12 per battle.

Is there a way to fix this so members don't just sit in the Training Grounds all day long leveling up their monsters? Shouldn't reap lower EXP rewards when they out level their enemies?

Did you use a pre-made forumon-export.xml or did you build your game from scratch?

If you used DBTech's, did you change any EXP settings?

I see, its possible the export file doesn't work well with the level scaling system, I'll check it out :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I've found an issue where in some cases, using the forumon-export.xml won't set the correct EXP Penalty for level difference modifiers.

I've been unable to find a reason for this, and the only way to fix it is to manually edit each Enemy and set their "EXP Bonus" and "EXP Penalty" to their correct values, which are 10% per level up to 100% max.

Are your enemies affected by this issue?

I've attempted another fix for this.
The bonuses and penalties weren't applied correctly (rather, each level of difference only meant a 10% discount to the exp, rather than cumulated and THEN applied.) So instead of, say, 5 levels difference meaning 50% EXP reduction, it became (((((100 - 10%) - 10%) - 10%) - 10%) - 10%)

You can download the files again and re-upload them if you want this fix urgently, over the coming days I'm going to push a v1.0.1 as soon as some more fixes have been integrated.

If the Max Penalty is set to 100, then any monster more than 10 levels of difference will reward 0 EXP as is intended.
Try lowering the Max Penalty to something you feel is more correct :)

Even being two or three levels higher results in zero EXP being earned.

These reports come from players with high level monsters. It may be a bug where being higher than level 10 results in zero EXP being earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.