Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
I'm having some trouble with the cache caching unwanted things in vBGallery (photopost). Is there a way I can exclude certain scripts or templates from being cached?

Hey tavenger5,

Is this occuring for users logged in or guests? The v3 beta includes an option to exclude scripts from guest caching, but currently there's nothing that excludes vB Optimise completely from scripts. If it's a problem with guest cache then you can exclude it in v3 assuming they use vBulletins "THIS_SCRIPT" constant, if you need me to allocate you the beta I can do - the CDN in it is optional so you don't have to use it :)

This is with logged in users. Specifically changed settings and new albums don't appear until the cache is cleared. I think I already have access to the beta but do not have it installed - is there something new that would remedy this?

Hmm that's interesting, they may be using the datastore to push in those types of things. Can you disable datastore caching in vB Optimise to see if the problem rectifies itself? I'd like to identify the root issue before implementing a hopeful solution :)

That narrows down where the problem is then, I'll look into the photopost script to see if a fix can be found, until then keeping datastore cache off will be a solid solution and won't undo much of what vB Optimise already does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.