Status
Not open for further replies.

NFLfbJunkie

Customer
I created a new event - Thread - and set it to charge credits for the event. However, when I create the thread in the designated forum, there is no reduction in my credits.

Someone (David) responded to this thread earlier, but now that response is gone. He had asked me to send AdminCP login details, which I did. I even gave him a shout out on the Shout Box. Can someone please tell me if there is a fix for my issue?

It wasn't working on the 2.0 Beta. So I did a new vBulletin 4 fresh install and installed vBCredits 1.2, and it doesn't work either. I have a Thread event for the forum 'Main Forum' and starting a thread earns you 50 credits. I also have a Thread event for the forum 'Charge Forum', and starting a thread in this forum costs 10 credits.

I made a thread in the Main Forum and earned 50 credits. I made a thread in the Charge Forum, but my credits are still at 50. The transactions log shows that I first earned 50 credits and then spent 10 credits, so I should now be at 40 credits. The logs for these events in the AdminCP are correct.

Using the same example as above with 2.1 Beta, I noticed that the transactions log didn't reflect that I spent the 10 credits; it only showed what I had earned. And the AdminCP logs didn't show what was spent for the charge thread event, but it did show what was earned with the earn thread event.

Is my issue fixable at all? Maybe I'm inpatient, but I would have expected some response by now from the support team here. Actually, I have paid for the MOD and the support, so a simple response would be appreciated. Not to sound like a jacka$$, but I have seen all the Administrators on the site in the last day or two and no one has really given any kind of answer or response except for Dark's recent response.

Is my issue fixable at all? Maybe I'm inpatient, but I would have expected some response by now from the support team here. Actually, I have paid for the MOD and the support, so a simple response would be appreciated. Not to sound like a jacka$$, but I have seen all the Administrators on the site in the last day or two and no one has really given any kind of answer or response except for Dark's recent response.

Support is handled by the modifications coder - in this case Darkwaltz4 That is why the other administrators haven't replied.

Please be patient - It is not feasible for us to have several people fully trained in each modification - Dark will respond to you as soon as he is able.

Okay I understand. But I have seen him on the site several times today, as well as viewing the thread (I am not stalking), but he hasn't responded at all to the issue.

Just as a little thing you might be interested in, this is the relevant part on support from our T&C/Aims:

Terms & Conditions said:
Support Response Times
This details what our aims are in terms of response time. It is very rare that we would miss this, but it is possible in the case of complex bugs or unforseen circumstances:

Major Bugs/Security Risks: Fixed within 24 hours. A major bug would be one which affects the ability of your forum to function, or stops the product from functioning.

Medium Level Bugs: Fixed within 7 days. A medium level bug would be Individual features not performing as they should.

Low level issues: Fixed within 30 days. A low level issue would be something aesthetic (a line being a few pixels out) or a feature having a small flaw in its operation (activity bars only count 99% instead of 100) or a non-integral feature not performing as it should (a backup feature having issues with certain server configurations)

We must reiterate that while paying customers get priority support you are not paying for support. Support will be offered for users of our free mods and Lite mods as well, but this is done as and when the agents have time. They do not follow the above response time guidelines.
(full T&C here http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/content/171-Terms-Conditions)

We have implemented a new support system as of an hour ago which will apply to new threads and will hopefully help us to increase support times by allowing us to keep track of where things are being handled slowly.

As a general rule we aim to have a first response time maximum of 24 hours - that is from your post the relevant person will respond within 24 hours, or someone else will respond letting you know why they were unable to.

Hope that clarifies things for you on why other administrators haven't responded etc.

Okay I understand. But I have seen him on the site several times today, as well as viewing the thread (I am not stalking), but he hasn't responded at all to the issue.

In this instance I happen to know Dark has been working on the issue (we have pushed back our newsletter/blog in order to accomodate the new information once the bug has been resolved.)

I'll try to remind him to give feedback letting you guys know whats happening though - I do apologise for that. Quite a few of the coders jump right into trying to solve the issues - they dislike replying without having good news xD

It is something we are working on though, and hopefully the new support system will stop it from happening in future.

Thanks again for your patience!

Cosmic

I would suggest that he was looking over your problem, while trying to work out the solution. I've done the same myself with projects on my site.

Oh wow, I totally forgot to actually say I was working on this >.< and in fact this very issue has been consuming me for an entire day so far. I just havent made any progress on fixing it because its extremely strange. When making it output its progress, it appears to be working and successfully charges you. When removing that output, it stops working! What the hell!! This is stalling the 2.0 gold release, i wish it had been noticed and reported sooner than the day before :(

Status
Not open for further replies.