Status
Not open for further replies.

Vcize

Customer
I'm just getting started with VB Credits II Deluxe and have run into some issues/questions.

Question 1
I have a very simple activity amounts configuration set up, yet my actual credits are coming up with all kinds of crazy decimals. Here's what I have enabled:

Adjust, Amount = 0
Infraction, Amount =10 Charge = Y
Post, Amount = 1
Referral, Amount -10
Reputation, Amount = 5

Everything else is diabled.

However, like I said, I'm getting all kinds of weird decimals when using them. For instance, post = 1, but when I post with someone, they actually get some weird number like 1.09 or 1.26, why is it not 1.00?

Also, this has passed over into my recalculate all users configuration. I'm installing the mod on an existing board, and would just like to give everyone a point for their posts so far. So I go to recalculate users, selection only "posts", but I get all kinds of weird numbers.

Someone with 23 posts has 45.71 credits, someone with 2 posts has 1.13 credits, someone with 20 posts has 32.11 credits, etc.

It should match up evenly. Someone with 23 posts should have 23 credits, etc.

Question 2
Does an activity of "thread" also count as a "post"? That is, I don't want new threads to be treated any differently from new posts. If someone posts a reply, they should get 1 credit, if someone posts a new thread, they should also get 1 credit (not 2). I have "best match" enabled.

However, in my testing I can't seem to come to a determination of how it works. If I enable both posts and threads as 1 credit each, when someone makes a new thread they are getting 2 credits. When I disable the threads activity, when someone makes a new thread they are getting 0 credits.

Question 3
Is there a setting I'm missing to allow users to view other user's credit transaction logs? When someone is in a thread and clicks on someone else's credits total it takes them to their OWN credits page. This is unintuitive. Worse, once they're on their credits page, even if they click on the credits count of someone else in the "top earners" list, it still just refreshes their own page. It should take them to the page of the person whom the credits are associated to.

Is there any way to view other user's transaction histories?

1) Sounds like you are giving the default bonuses for char/word sizes - click the action title of the event to get the advanced settings for your events rather than using the summary page which just has the main values of 1 you are editing, and blank those out.

2) The post that starts a thread is the Thread action, not the Post action, and not both. Judging from #1, you have word/char bonuses which cause the amount earned to round to 2 when they create a thread only, and nothing when thats disabled (because the Post action is not triggered)

3) Its a usergroup permission (staff groups have it enabled by default)

Thanks for your answers, I'm getting closer to having everything how I want it.

Is there a way for users to view the transaction log from just themselves or a particular user (in addition to the running transaction log that shows all transactions)?

Also, it appears that the only thing showing in the "Currency" dropdown is the user's FBux. Are there more menus we can put in there?

Lastly, how do referrals work? That is, how does the system know that a new user was referred by someone? Just what they type into the referrer box? I've set mine up to give referral cash but (and in the settings the usergroup the person must be in to Registered Users) and I've registered with two new test users who are now in the registered users group, and the referring user was not credited with any cash.

Last edited:
1) On any currency popup (accessed when you click the currency amount displayed anywhere) there is a link for Transactions on it which will show you only the transactions for that person.

2) If you have additional currencies created/integrated, they will appear in that dropdown.

3) That is how that works, but that referrer must log in to process the transaction for that (right now it is just queued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back