Status
Not open for further replies.

iNF3RN0

Customer
Hi,
I can't seem to import the vbshout pro product, I have followed the instructions properly i-e I first copied the contents of the "forum" directory folder to my forum root and then when I try to import the product vbulletin throw me the following error:

The following dependencies were not met:

1. The product dbtech_vbshout must be installed before this product may be installed. (Compatible starting with 4.1.0 / Incompatible with 5.0.0 and greater)

I am using vbulletin 4.0.2

BTW, I have downloaded the vbshout pro from here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2 and it also don't contain any vbshout.php file :S

Last edited:
ok now this is annoying, why we need to install vbshout lite before installing the pro? I though they are the different products :S anyway I manage to install it (but I don't like this messed up install of vbshout lite first) since it's available with v 4.1.2 and pro availble with v4.1.1 :\ hmm

Also, how we can add custom commands? I am not seeing any such option...

cheers

OMG, I lost my all forums after installing the vbshout pro product after the lite one :S users are there but all forums/sections has been deleted!!! thanks god I have tested this on a test board...now this is the first ever product I came cross which has done this..

I need urgent help..I don't want my real site get screwed up like this..

It's not possible for the product installation to delete any forums. I have no idea how it happened, but it was not caused by installing the products.

vBShout and vBActivity require Lite and Pro to be installed side-by-side to make development easier. It's something we're getting rid of in the future, but we don't have the time to do it at the moment.
Unfortunately, this also means you have to keep both Lite and Pro up to date when new versions are released.

To add Custom Commands, click the Options button in the vBShout interface (or go to UserCP) and then click the Custom Commands link in the left hand menu.

well I can bear the two products installation but forums deletion is something which is beyond by understanding, it happened when I imported the vbshout pro product. do I need to install the vbshout lite 4.1.1 with vbshout pro 4.1.1 or vbshout lite 4.1.2 will also work fine? anyway I have restored my backup again and giving it a try again..will post here if this problem happen again :S

What you should do is upload 4.1.2 Lite, then import the XML for it, then do the same for Pro.
Never had anything like that happen ever in the history of working with vBulletin, it's really odd O.o

I must add that vbshout pro have lots of bugs at the moment :\ anyway after disabling the BF-image-resizer and Yet another facebook bridge plugins I am able to import the products without any harm..but now I am facing another problem i-e I am not seeing all the phrases for the vbshout pro nor all the "pro" options in the admincp i-e silence users, search shout permission (I know it's located in usergroup management but I double checked it and it's not there) etc are missing, see the attached screenshots!

Attachments

• 21-03-2010 14-48-44&.jpg
    21-03-2010 14-48-44&.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 21-03-2010 14-50-17&.jpg
    21-03-2010 14-50-17&.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 21-03-2010 14-47-32&.jpg
    21-03-2010 14-47-32&.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
There's no (known) bugs in vBShout Pro, everybody else have been able to import it perfectly fine.

The lack of Pro options in AdminCP is a result of not having uploaded the files correctly, as those are automatically added via a cpnav_vbshout_pro.xml in /includes/xml/.
The missing phrases means the XML file for Pro either hasn't been imported, or some other plugin caused a similar conflict as you just discovered (the YAFB plugin is the most bug-ridden product I've ever encountered, I'd strongly recommend finding an alternative).

well I just installed it on the live server and it worked fine even with YAFB. However still please make the shoutbox pro installation as a single product in the future. I will report bug if I encounter any, right now everything seems to be working fine. :)

Cheers,

Yeah, we will work on making it a single product in the future, when we have the time to do so. It's not a small task, but the product is indeed stable enough so that we can do it without having to worry about making 1001 new releases every minute like we had to in the start ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.