Status
Not open for further replies.

Darin

Customer
I got this to replace my old system because it was unsupported and have had hacking issues.
I added a price, added an area, added everything I can think of...it just won't show.
Can you please see if you can tell why it's not loading?

I uploaded what I used to have...and what I am going for. The first of the year I can change it up, but most of these sponsors had paid for the full year.

Attachments

• AS ads.JPG
    AS ads.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 0
You need to have set up a Banner Space, a Price and a Banner that has an expiry date set in the future. If you use a Tracking Type other than Days, the Remaining area also needs to be > 0.

Other than that, please try it in a default (unmodified) skin, as it is possible your skin has removed the advertising locations.

That seemed to work....It was a style issue.
However....I am setting up all the ads as they have already paid. How can I set the ads to be set up from the admin section. Everytime I try to add one, they show as the correct ad I have set up. They don't go to the link, they go to buy the ad. I have also set one up as a charge for 0 dollars and tried to buy it. I fill out everything and It then says "no results matched your query". I have set up paypal. I need to add like 10 90 x 30 ads already purchased and have them link to their site.

You can add banners via the "Manage Sold Banners" area. There is a form there for adding banners without requiring payment.

I did set it up that way but they are not showing. Please look at screen shots and let me know if I am doing something wrong. The only time I got them to set up is if I put their image into the placeholder in Banner Spaces but then they don't link to their website.

BannerSpace.JPGSold Banner.JPG

In the first image you have "Active" set to "no". Have you tried with it set to "yes"?

Yes, I told Fillip H. that I have things turned off (but had turned on). I told him in a PM that he could review. I haven't heard from him after I sent PM's.

So, my other question is if I want to place multiple ads of the same size all separate but in the below navbar area, do I need to set up several ad spaces? Example: 90x30 (1), 90x30 (2) and so on? A lot like what my first picture shows. And if that is the case, how do I get rid of the Forum Ads link in the navbar because that is going to look terrible. A huge list and they won't understand.

You should set up separate Banner Space configurations that all run on the same physical ad location. Multiple ads in the same Banner Space will only rotate between them.

You can disable navigation items via the vBulletin Navigation Manager, found under the Settings AdminCP menu :)

You should set up separate Banner Space configurations that all run on the same physical ad location. Multiple ads in the same Banner Space will only rotate between them.

You can disable navigation items via the vBulletin Navigation Manager, found under the Settings AdminCP menu :)

I should but that isn't what they paid for. They paid for individual ads. I have to set each area up individually if I do this correct?
Thank you on navigation items.

I will wait for your reply on why they aren't showing up...sent htaccess.
Thanks, Darin

I should but that isn't what they paid for. They paid for individual ads. I have to set each area up individually if I do this correct?
Like I said, in order to show multiple ads in the same ad location, you will need to set up one banner space per ad that is to be shown in a specific ad location.

If that is not what you meant, then I don't quite understand what you're saying, sorry :(

The issue was that of ambiguity - the description text for the "Remaining" setting for a Sold Banner gave the impression that it could be left as 0 and the banner would still show up.

This is not the case. I've hotfixed the product and updated your sold banners to have a number other than 0 for the Remaining value, so that they show up correctly.

So, I set up all my ads and activated about 15 of them and my site immediately started running at a snails pace. So I deactivated the ads and it started running fast again. Any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.