Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Voclain

Customer
I want to make a few adjustment:

1. How do I make the banner that is under the NAV BAR "CENTERED" on the page?

2. My banner is not showing up under Header2.....I can get it to work on the NAV BAR but not header2....have any suggestions? I do have some various skins on my site...but the standard default VB skin is one of them and for now I'm only testing this banner thing on that skin and then will adjust if needed on the other skins. My banner is 600x60 pixels....is that just too big to show up in header2? Suggestions????

3. Do you have any documentation for the mod? Some things are confusing? I read in another post about someone haveing problems getting banners to show up and they were told that under EDIT BANNER and "Remaining" that it was set to zero and this was why there banner was not showing up. Mine was the same way and were not showing up till I set this to 1. But in the description on that it says this: (Remaining
How many of the above tracking type this ad should run for. Note: Does not apply to the "Time" tracking type.)
ALL of my banners are tracked by DATE or TIME....so.....thus all my banners Impressions and Clicks mean nothing.....I sell them by the date...usually 1 year in advanced. So they do not expire for 1 year. I do NOTHING with Impressions and Clicks. So....seems to me that this means this for an expiry date or "TIME" should be set to zero? What does changed this to 1 or what ever do and mean? I'm so confused about this....if it's set to zero...the ad does not show up?????

HELP????

Kirk Voclain

Another quick question....

IF I set up the banner manually and assign the "USERNAME" of the person who is to be able to MANAGE IT......can that person change there own image?

Kirk

1. How do I make the banner that is under the NAV BAR "CENTERED" on the page?
Unfortunately it's not possible to customise the HTML of the ads, due to the way vBulletin works and loads its templates, sorry.

2. My banner is not showing up under Header2.....I can get it to work on the NAV BAR but not header2....have any suggestions?
Can you get it to work if you use Header 1 instead?

My banner is 600x60 pixels....is that just too big to show up in header2?
There's no size limitations for banners.

3. Do you have any documentation for the mod?
There's no documentation available at this time, sorry :(

Some things are confusing?
I'm not sure what you're asking here.

I read in another post about someone haveing problems getting banners to show up and they were told that under EDIT BANNER and "Remaining" that it was set to zero and this was why there banner was not showing up. Mine was the same way and were not showing up till I set this to 1. But in the description on that it says this: (Remaining
How many of the above tracking type this ad should run for. Note: Does not apply to the "Time" tracking type.)
ALL of my banners are tracked by DATE or TIME....so.....thus all my banners Impressions and Clicks mean nothing.....I sell them by the date...usually 1 year in advanced. So they do not expire for 1 year. I do NOTHING with Impressions and Clicks. So....seems to me that this means this for an expiry date or "TIME" should be set to zero?
Any value above or equal to 1 is acceptable for the "Remaining" field when using the "Time" tracking type. It will never decrease, so the ads will remain active until the expiry date is reached.

NO...I cannot get it to work in either header1 or header2?

Also.....

Can I have MULTIPLE PERSONS as USERS? Or is it only 1 person per banner?

Another question......as the ADMIN...can I view STATS somehow for ALL banners????

Hey Fillip H. ?? Any answer to the above questions??? Any suggestions????

Kirk

OK....it took some doing....but I got it to work in Header2...still can't get it to work in Header 1 for some reason????? But who cares.....I only have 1 banner in the Header!!!!

But now I need these 2 questions answered:

Another question......as the ADMIN...can I view STATS somehow for ALL banners????

Kirk Voclain

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.

Not at this time, sorry.

OK....it took some doing....but I got it to work in Header2...still can't get it to work in Header 1 for some reason
Can you tell me what you did to make it work in Header 1?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking here.

Not at this time, sorry.

Can you tell me what you did to make it work in Header 1?

I've done several different things to do BANNERS.....and as a result....my HEADER template has been adjusted several times....so I reverted it....and it started working.

When you ADD A BANNER...it asks for a USERNAME....I'm assuming that this person can see the stats associated with that banner....I was hoping that this person could also adjust that banner...meaning changing the image, and changing the URL link, etc. But I can't figure out how to get it to do that either????

That USER appears to be only 1 person....I was hoping it could be several person.....My banner purchasers are always companies and they always have multiple users.....I was hoping ALL could have access.

AS TO THE STATS.....you really, really need to change this.....because when I sell banners...THE FIRST QUESTION I am asked is: What are the "Stats" you are currently getting???? IF I do not have access to those starts as the ADMIN.....frankly it's going to really handicap my ability to sell banners???

Any suggestions???

When you ADD A BANNER...it asks for a USERNAME....I'm assuming that this person can see the stats associated with that banner....I was hoping that this person could also adjust that banner...meaning changing the image, and changing the URL link, etc.
That is not how it works.

Adding a banner in that way is exactly the same as if someone bought the banner - in other words, the image you upload in the AdminCP cannot be changed by the user (just as it cannot be changed post-purchase for regular purchases).

That USER appears to be only 1 person....I was hoping it could be several person.....My banner purchasers are always companies and they always have multiple users.....I was hoping ALL could have access.
Unfortunately there's no way to give multiple users access to statistics at this time.

That is not how it works.

Adding a banner in that way is exactly the same as if someone bought the banner - in other words, the image you upload in the AdminCP cannot be changed by the user (just as it cannot be changed post-purchase for regular purchases).

OK...I'm going to just LIVE with the single user issue....I can make that work.

But if a person were to "BUY" a banner...let's say I sell one for $500 for 1 year....to show up at the top in the header.....when that person is buying the banner...they can at this time provide the URL link...and upload the banner.....is that correct....but they are NOT allowed to in the future modify that banner?

I'm trying to understand how this works...and make it work into my existing system.

So...if a person buys a banner for 1 year.....and if that person wants to change that banner.....they will then have to email ME that banner and I can change it in the ADMIN CP?

Kirk

But if a person were to "BUY" a banner...let's say I sell one for $500 for 1 year....to show up at the top in the header.....when that person is buying the banner...they can at this time provide the URL link...and upload the banner.....is that correct....but they are NOT allowed to in the future modify that banner?
Correct.

So...if a person buys a banner for 1 year.....and if that person wants to change that banner.....they will then have to email ME that banner and I can change it in the ADMIN CP?
Correct, this is because otherwise, the banner would have to be sent back to the moderation queue which would prevent the ad from showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back