Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrlbrk

Customer
vb 3.8.5
vbo 3.0 beta

Hi, I recently migrated from a single-server config to a multi-server cluster. vBulletin (PHP) is running on two app servers (app1/app2), and the backend is two database servers (db1/db2). The filesystem for app1 and app2 are clustered via GlusterFS for the forum directories.

All aspects of vBulletin are working fine after the migration, save vBOptimise. Prior to migrating, I went into the "old" control panel of the "old" server, and set vboptimise to 'off' and cache type of 'none', then into plug in manager and 'disabled'.

On the "new" cluster, when I re-enable it via plug in manager, the site just produces blank/empty result pages. I might could use some help via teamviewer please. While not crucially urgent, I would like to get this resolved soon (due to performance).

Mike

You can close this, it was my fault. The memcache wasn't updating between the two servers (no pooling), causing the second app server to throw an error until I reset the memcached service (or the permanent fix was to add the pooling in config.php).

Mike

Yeah you need to configure pooling in config.php, vB Optimise will read your settings there for Memcached. Let me know if you have any other issues/questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.