Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran this program in a test bed and it worked fine. I ran it on our live site and when I tag someone, nothing shows up at all. When I edit the post, the MENTION tag is there and everything looks fine, but when I save the post, there is no name at all and no link. Just a big nothing.

I am running vbSEO and our site is fairly heavily modified, but so is the testbed. Just found it odd that I don't see anything.

Can you check the BBCode manager in the ACP to see if the BBCode was created successfully on install?

Just a note... whatever is stopping it, isn't a plugin, but something modified in our style, but I can't imagine anything that would impede something as simple as a bbcode implementation. to the point that it simply disappears entirely.

So it works on the default skin?

It does... as well as the mobile skin. I have been testing templates, reverting them one by one to see if I can determine what might be impeding the mention bbcode from rendering, but so far... nothing. I have looked at postbit_legacy, postbit.css, additional.css, etc. Any thoughts on what the mention bbcode might be pinging on, or the tagged user plugin might be bumping up against in terms of templates? I would tend to think it would be something to do with postbit.

And because this wasn't confusing enough...

I just downloaded our style from the live site, where the mention bbcode isn't rendering, and uploaded it to our test site.... and the bbcode renders there...

However, on the live site, the bbcode renders under other styles...

I am totally lost.

Did you try and disable any mods that you are running on your live site that you are not running on your test site?

Well, this is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I mentioned in my last post that I downloaded the problem style, and uploaded it in my sandbox and it worked...

So... I reuploaded the same style that was a problem to our live server, just named it differently... and now the mentions show up. I don't get it at all. Don't have a clue why the same style, reuploaded to the same site, works in one instance and not in the other, but it is now working... and that is what matters most.

Status
Not open for further replies.